[SOLVED] Fuzzy video with Boscam TS353 and RX-LCD5802

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I just received my 400 mW Boscam TS353 transmitter, RX-LCD5802 diversity monitor/receiver, and DJI mini iOSD from Banggood today. I carefully wired it up to my Phantom 2 w/HD-3D and GoPro Hero3+ Black using YouTube video GCZAN51mJOE as a guide.

As you can see the video is horrible. :cry:

I have tried different antennas and different channels with no improvement. I've moved the monitor away from the DJI Tx with no change either. It appears video is OK on the left side of the monitor and degrades as it moves to the right. I'm totally stuck. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

(The video will play in landscape when you hit play button)

EDIT: The fix was to switch video from NTSC to PAL on the GoPro. Thanks, CaptMike!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufo1y0lni0U[/youtube]

John

Re: Fuzzy video with Boscam TS353 and RX-LCD5802

Just installed my FPV and got the same thing...

In The GoPro Setup Change The NTSC and PAL settings and you'll have a Nice Picture! (If you are showing NTSC just change to PAL or PAL to NTSC.)

Re: Fuzzy video with Boscam TS353 and RX-LCD5802

You nailed it, CaptMike! :D I switched the GoPro to PAL and now the picture is normal. Woohoo!

Thank you!!!

good to know thanks for posting! This is specifically a TS353 issue I think yes? The transmitter that everyone says isn't a "real" Boscam... I've had a TS351 and currently a TS352 and definitely never had this issue, I'm in NTSC

I have the exact same setup and mine works fine in NTSC. The only strange thing is that the frequencies from the transmitter don't match up with the receiver. The transmitter comes preset on channel one and my 5802 receives it on C-8 which is a totally different frequency. I also have a 352 and it does the exact same thing. A friend of mine has the 353 and his comes out on the same channel.

Before you seitched to PAL did you try a scan on the receiver to see if it came out clear anywhere?

So the video looks fine for some people using NTSC while others require PAL. Perhaps it's not an issue with the TS353. Could it be that the RX-LCD5802 is 'hard-wired' for either NTSC or PAL, but not both?

hrosee, I set the DIP switches for channel 2 and the 5802 receives it on channel 2. Note that the channel guide that comes with the TS353 shows the active dip settings in black, not white.

Made my first FPV flight yesterday. :) Went out about 500 meters from Del Cerro Park in Palos Verdes, CA. Actually lost sight of the bird and had to bring it in via HomeLock mode. FPV video was maintained throughout the flight although occasionally there was some static. So far I am happy with my setup, although the 5802 is difficult to read in bright sunlight. Banggood bundled a free extended sun visor for the 5802 but I haven't tried to attach it yet.

jflyer3 said:
hrosee, I set the DIP switches for channel 2 and the 5802 receives it on channel 2. Note that the channel guide that comes with the TS353 shows the active dip settings in black, not white.

How were your switches set when you got the transmitter. All mine on both transmitters were set with all the switches flipped towards the numbers on the dip switch. If you are correct on the black being the legend then the transmitter is not on any of the listed channels. My TS353 has clear heat shrink on it so I didn't mess with it. I took the TS352 off because I wanted to go to a smaller transmitter to drop the current and weight. I am going to play with the switches on the one I took off and see what happens.

Did yours come all flipped towards the numbers on the dip like mine?

Thanks,

Harold

Flyer3,

I tested both my transmitters on ever channel. They both came to me with all the switches off (away from the numbers). It came out on channel 8 and worked well.

I ended up using channel 2 as you did. One thing to note is neither transmitter worked on channel 3 or 5. Kind of strange. Either none of them work on those channels or my receiver is bad on both those channels. But I have it working on 2 so I am good to go.

Thanks for your input.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl