Solution for Invalid SD card not working issue with Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Some of you may have saw my original post about this issue i was having with my P3 Standard but i just thought i would make a separate thread with the solution as when i was searching to find out how to fix the issue it seems to be a very common problem with the Phantom 3 Standard, this may also work with Advanced and Pro but can't say for certain.

I had lost my original 8gb Sandisc Ultra that comes with the drone and was struggling to find a compatible replacement, i bought the exact same card as the original but larger capacity ( 16gb ) and was still just getting the Invalid sd card message and wouldn't let me format. I tried all sorts trying different formats via computer.

After lots of head scratching i ended up fixing it. For some reason decided to copy an old video i previously recorded on my P3 Standard ( file was still original name ) to the new 16gb card i got i then put this in the drone and it worked, recording fine and then allowed me to format in the DJI APP ! When i put the card back into the computer it had created 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA.

So this seems to be the solution with new sd cards create 2 new folders within the SD called DCIM and inside that 100 MEDIA.

If that still dose not work then try copying an old video previously captured but the P3S then put the sd card in the drone.

Hope this helps anyone in future with this problem.

I've got the same issue. I will try with your workaround :) thanks!

Inviato dal mio SM-T535 utilizzando Tapatalk

@mark p3s

"I tried all sorts trying different formats via computer." ?

Were you using a Windows Computer?
What version of windows?
Did you try format exFat?

I had some issues in the past, but the DJI-GO would always format it and it would work.
And yes those folders that you mentioned are created as soon as the Phantom is powered on.

Rod

Im using a Mac, yeah tried ex fat

The folders were only created when putting the card in the phantom with a previously recorded video, before that it just said invalid card and wouldn't let me do anything

Hum, I'll put that in my hum list.;)

Thanks

Rod

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20