Solid Green Camera LED

Reaction score
Hey all. Got a question for ya.

So, my phantom decided it was a better pilot than I was, and took off on its own. Decided a tree was a good spot to be. Long story short, I got it back up and running again but I can't get the camera to work. I have tried rebinding with the wifi transmitter, and unplugging and replugging the connectors to the gimbal with no luck. All I see is a solid green light from the gimbal mount. Which according to the manual is that the camera is on but the wifi is off. rebinding has had no effect. I can pick up the wifi from the transmitter after I hit the reset button but I soon as I rebind with the copter I no longer see the wifi signal.

Any thoughts? Anyone ever experience something like this? Tips or tricks?

Thanks in advance.

itchybeard said:
Perhaps the wifi module inside the bird is damaged.

could be a good guess. Do you know where it is located? I'd like to give it a visual inspection at least.

Gylldoh said:
could be a good guess. Do you know where it is located? I'd like to give it a visual inspection at least.

Take the top off the bird. It's located in the central area and it looks like this ....

Attachments

• wifimod.jpg
    wifimod.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 455
itchybeard said:
Gylldoh said:

Take the top off the bird. It's located in the central area and it looks like this ....

Hmm. Looks like there is a small dent in the top of it, above the white connector on the right. Looks like a little halo. Seems pretty minor but I guess it doesn't take much.

Can a guy buy a replacement one easily?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 461
Gylldoh said:
Hmm. Looks like there is a small dent in the top of it, above the white connector on the right. Looks like a little halo. Seems pretty minor but I guess it doesn't take much.

Can a guy buy a replacement one easily?

Yes, the part number is DJIPVP-03.

Look at this link below to make sure that the cables have not come loose. Sometimes the clipped in cable does not slot the pins back in correctly.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26655

Use WIFI analyzer from the andriod store and make sure you see the hidden wifi from the phantom and the visible Range Extender. Make you can see both.
Make sure you are binding the WIFI correctly.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

Then make sure you drop the resolution in the FPV down to the lowest to make sure you dont have the notorious black screen.

Mine looked the same. There are 2 boards inside and a plastic connector between them. More than likely it broke off of one side of the board.

Don't order from us hobby. They sent me the wifi extender instead. Then sent it back and they said they don't even carry that part even though there website said it was in Stock. Still havent received refund week 2

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl