Software Question

Reaction score
I'm relatively new flying a DJI Phantom 2 Vision +. When I first got the software in January I installed the software on the Phantom. Almost immediately I got an email saying I needed to downgrade the software to an earlier version - which I did. Can anyone tell me what version of the software I should now be flying with (as of May 2015)?

Thank you for your time and any help you may be able to provide.

3.14 is the current version. You can review the release notes here.

Last edited:
Reactions: tomcom
I also have trouble sometimes getting my computer (MAC) to recognize my controller (it always recognizes the Phantom)
Which application are you running and how is the USB cable hooked up?

Which application are you running and how is the USB cable hooked up?
I'm running the DJI app I downloaded to my MAC and am connecting via the micro USB port on the Phantom. When I connect to the Remote Control I'm connected to the micro USB port on the bottom of the unit.

Well, you need to be sure :) When running the Phantom Assistant, the USB cable should be hooked to the Phantom. When running the R/C Assistant, the USB cable should be hooked to the remote controller.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. Is the DJI software for the MAC for BOTH the Phantom and the Controller? Again, when I hook up the USB to the Phantom it recognizes the Phantom immediately. When I use the SAME software and hook the USB to the Controller the controller is not recognized. Is there a separate piece of software for the controller? I'm feeling VERY stupid as I type this!

You can use the Phantom Assistant application to setup the Phantom settings, setup the R/C settings, and calibrate the R/C. There is also a separate R/C Assistant application which is used to calibrate the R/C.

Last edited:
I've gotten MUCH MORE info from you in the past 15 minutes than I ever got from the Phantom manuals, website or when I have asked DJI questions! I have to get back to work now, but I will do as you outlined above. THANK YOU!!! It was very kind of you to help.

Are you having any problems ?
If not just leave it alone .
GL!

I've gotten MUCH MORE info from you in the past 15 minutes than I ever got from the Phantom manuals, website or when I have asked DJI questions! I have to get back to work now, but I will do as you outlined above. THANK YOU!!! It was very kind of you to help.

msinger - thanks again for your help. The Phantom needed an update - the RC did not. The update took two minutes. I then took it out for a flight & everything worked great. Please
Know I appreciate your help. I don't have any friends who are interested in Phantoms so I was feeling a little lost. Best regards!!

Reactions: captblast
tomcom, I'm happy to hear you worked everything out :)

Reactions: tomcom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.