Software for a mac

Reaction score
I know many of your may be anti apple, but lets not discuss that I am an apple guy and want to know what software people are using to edit there videos. My son wants to help me with videos and I want a excellent program. Droning is going to be so much fun for us.

I know many of your may be anti apple, but lets not discuss that I am an apple guy and want to know what software people are using to edit there videos. My son wants to help me with videos and I want a excellent program. Droning is going to be so much fun for us.

Hello. I use imovie. Very easy to use for a novice like me and results/effects are really, really good. Final cut goes even further but too much for me.

I use final cut pro and it work pretty well for me. I have a student license.

I chose to pay $60 for Adobe Premiere Elements for easy editing, yet excellent quality.

Reactions: Pharm
i use a final cut pro x, on my macbook air adobe stayed too slow and final cut works great

Ok I know the is a bit off topic but how much video can you save on your memory cards and what size are they?

Ok I know the is a bit off topic but how much video can you save on your memory cards and what size are they?

Usually it recorded in 4GB files until your reach your card's memory limit, and then you stitch them together and hope there isn't any dropped frames between them.

I love Final Cut Pro after learning how to use it. Extremely powerful software, plus the license you buy is for life, so you get all subsequent updates for free.

Reactions: macoman
I love Final Cut Pro after learning how to use it. Extremely powerful software, plus the license you buy is for life, so you get all subsequent updates for free.

Can you tell me some the difference between final cut pro and iMovie? I am getting ready to buy the family all new macs and my son and I want a awesome video editor.

Can you tell me some the difference between final cut pro and iMovie? I am getting ready to buy the family all new macs and my son and I want a awesome video editor.

I can't really say much for iMovie, because I've never used it. I chose Final Cut Pro because I wanted to have full control over my editing rather than be "boxed in" by freeware. This video might help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't used to like macs or anything apple. I own a macbook pro, have iphones, have ipads, etc. Try imovie out, it is very easy to use, has many advanced features and plenty of tutorials available on line. When I used to have pc's I would purchase a more expensive software, from Roxio to Vegas to one other I can't think of the name and to get features that are in imovie. Final Cut is likely (i have never even looked at it) much more than you will need. Because imovie is free does not diminish what it can do for you.

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
Depends on what you need. I use iMovie for mostly unless I want to mess around with more extensive post processing. I'm in learning mode with Adobe Premier Pro and find it really good although complicated and a bit intimidating. I haven't tried Final Cut yet, but I have a colleague who really likes it, says its less of a learning curve if you've used iMovie.

I use Final Cut Pro. I've tested both FCP X and Adobe. Depending on which mac you have, FCP X will run better. Furthermore FCP is one time purchase and there are plenty of tutorials. For starters you may want to try free imovie, as it is quite comprehensive yet simple in use. FCP X is similar to imovie in many ways, so if you decide to move on, that will be an easy transition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers