SoCal best spots to fly

The hardest for me is still combining several movements in a fluid motion. For instance circling while rotating the drone to keep the camera pointed at a thing or subject. Often I just do theses passes over and over an imaginary line to get better at it.
What you want is the Point of Interest (POI) feature in the DJI GO app. You first need to enable Multiple Flight Mode.

I have been using the Litchi app for these type of shots, I particularly like that I can setup a mission on the PC at home, then it syncs to the app where I can easily tweak it for the actual onsite conditions.

Reactions: 28wins
Awesome. Thank you.

Without the pretext, how am I going to improve my pilot skills now? :)

Hey folks,

So i decided to take a chance and reach out to Aldryn and see if he would be interested in doing a meet up and guess what? He IS!!! So....... i am going to go ahead and take on the challenge of getting the first SoCal meet up going. A rough count has us at 10 pilots? I know some are SD residents and some are LA residents. What i propose for the first meet would be something in the middle (San Clemente/Laguna) so we all drive roughly the same amount to start. If successful we can then do a SD meet up and then an LA meet up. I had the idea of picking a safe location to fly and then we'd have a simple schedule... pic some things we'd like to work on/learn/share and then hit up a restaurant to eat and call it a day. Mostly to get to know each other and learn something on day 1.

Who ever is down just DM me and i can work to get a date that we (most of us) can all agree to.

Well done. You were eloquent I am sure! Thank you for doing this.

I am in. DM sent.

Interested in a meet up as well. Coming from Long Beach area. I'm also trying to hone my skills and is interested in doing some follow me shots with various objects. Anyone in my area wants to do this with me hit me up amd lets get together.

Woodland Hills here. I'm down for some meet ups as well.

Hello I would love to meet up depending on the day..brand new to drone flying.

Hey guys, sorry i have been quiet. Got a little busy. So let me get the ball rolling and see who wants to meet up on July 16th to meet in San Clemente. Thats kind of in the middle for the San Diego folks and the LA Folks.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend.. I already had plans but hope to go in the future.

Can we meet by the ocean around 7 PM? I'd like banter, fly a bit and then catch the sunset with the ocean and mountains at 8:20 - 8:40 PM.

Can anyone think of a good spot for this? Ranchos Palos Verdes perhaps?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4