So this guy is giving me a bad name all over the the internet...

Reaction score
First off mods if this is in the wrong category my bad feel free to move it.

So, If you are in Canada, You probably know the site Kijiji. If you don't know what it is, It is a buying and selling site for Canada. I am selling some DJI stuff on there, and you've probably seen it on here too. Anyway, to the point, I was selling a Phantom 3 controller for the pro or advanced for $150 CAD ($112 USD). Some people sell it for $200 CAD ($149 USD) in my area and over Canada. I've even seen $185 CAD ($138 USD) on eBay. Some guy responded to the ad and offered me $80 CAD ($59 USD). I did not want to sell it for that so I said no. Then proceeds to call me names and such and some that the mods would probably block on here lol. Sayin' that I'm ripping people off buying them and asking ridiculous prices. So then he says he is going to post my name all over social media etc. I don't want any trouble. If you think I charge too much, buy from someone else. Today, I get a response on an ad I have for P3 Batteries. I had on them $80 CAD ($59 USD). The person asked if they are new and I said no. They then said they are on eBay for that new and to do my research before giving advice and sent me this link (4500mAh 15.2V For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery | eBay). I just said that I don't think it is OEM. Then says to me that it is and that there are warnings about me to stay away from me because I'm overpriced. So that confirms my name is out there. I don't want my name to be all over the internet. Also says I can't spell cause I made a typo lol some people try to get anything out of everything. I am also selling a Phantom 4 with warranty for $800 CAD ($599 USD) and have gotten many offers in the past for $400-$500 CAD ($299-$374 USD) I know they are not worth as much anymore but not that low. Same with a P4A+ with 3 batteries etc. for $1500 CAD ($1123 USD) that I'm selling. I can post links if you want.

Anyway, If you ever see it posted about me, please send me some links. I would LOVE to know more about this dude.

Last edited:
Ay sounds like he want something for his budget,,your prices very fair now,I keep my eyes open but I can tell your ok without even talking to you,,just send him a ""hope you have a good day""""we all like to get a good deal but some prices that we pay for some of this stuff is top $$,,money not grow on trees (some does)but it's generally hard earned cash with long hours behind it,,:)you could pay the favor a post about him,it's not nice but revenge is so sweet:eek:

Ay sounds like he want something for his budget,,your prices very fair now,I keep my eyes open but I can tell your ok without even talking to you,,just send him a ""hope you have a good day""""we all like to get a good deal but some prices that we pay for some of this stuff is top $$,,money not grow on trees (some does)but it's generally hard earned cash with long hours behind it,,:)you could pay the favor a post about him,it's not nice but revenge is so sweet:eek:
I hope I can find where it is posted. All I know is his username, "interested"

So, If you are in Canada, You probably know the site Kijiji. If you don't know what it is, It is a buying and selling site for Canada. I am selling some DJI stuff on there, and you've probably seen it on here too. Anyway, to the point, I was selling a Phantom 3 controller for the pro or advanced for $150 CAD ($112 USD). Some people sell it for $200 CAD ($149 USD) in my area and over Canada. I've even seen $185 CAD ($138 USD) on eBay. Some guy responded to the ad and offered me $80 CAD ($59 USD). I did not want to sell it for that so I said no. Then proceeds to call me names and such and some that the mods would probably block on here lol. Sayin' that I'm ripping people off buying them and asking ridiculous prices. So then he says he is going to post my name all over social media etc. I don't want any trouble. If you think I charge too much, buy from someone else. Today, I get a response on an ad I have for P3 Batteries. I had on them $80 CAD ($59 USD). The person asked if they are new and I said no. They then said they are on eBay for that new and to do my research before giving advice and sent me this link (4500mAh 15.2V For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery | eBay). I just said that I don't think it is OEM. Then says to me that it is and that there are warnings about me to stay away from me because I'm overpriced. So that confirms my name is out there. I don't want my name to be all over the internet. Also says I can't spell cause I made a typo lol some people try to get anything out of everything. I am also selling a Phantom 4 with warranty for $800 CAD ($599 USD) and have gotten many offers in the past for $400-$500 CAD ($299-$374 USD) I know they are not worth as much anymore but not that low. Same with a P4A+ with 3 batteries etc. for $1500 CAD ($1123 USD) that I'm selling. I can post links if you want.

Anyway, If you ever see it posted about me, please send me some links. I would LOVE to know more about this dude.
Personally why would you care what someone else says on the "internet" about you. If someone tries to Lowball your price just say no thank you and move on.

Personally why would you care what someone else says on the "internet" about you. If someone tries to Lowball your price just say no thank you and move on

Reactions: rfaaj and Astrix
Personally why would you care what someone else says on the "internet" about you.
If it is just generally on the internet, like on here for example, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Putting it on the internet locally for local, it is different because that is where you live. How am I supposed to sell things around here if people believe the idiot and his bull crap!? I just want to know where he posted it and what bull crap he said 'bout me.

If someone tries to Lowball your price just say no thank you and move on
Haha *sarcasm*... That's what I did.

Most sales sites have a complaints section ... Paypal .. eBay ... etc. If the sites you are using have such - then report him and move on. Keep reporting him as many also have a tolerance limit and then person gets the big heave !

You could always amend your sales ads ... without quoting actual names .. give examples of competing items and their higher prices. Show that you have better pricing.

Internet is a bad place for all sorts of games from people. They know there is not much you can do about it. But use the same tactic as they .. fight fire with fire.

Nigel

Yeah, I don't know what it is about some people that have to stick their nose in other people's business. I dive a lot, and used to own a dive shop. On one of the scuba forums I post on, there is a member that always posts on people's ads about how high the price is and is not reasonable. Maybe it's their way of filling a hole in their social life that does not exist.

Try not to worry about what the person says. He obviously wants everything for nothing.
It's easy to get caught up in all of the crap.
Keep investigating prices and set yours accordingly.

If you ever want to do some flying let me know. You're in a really good area and I'm only 70 km away.

Blow it off and move on, carry on as you have... your good reputation here speaks for itself.

I'd bet my last donut anyone reading your posts, then reading his, can easily tell who the idiot is.

I try to just forget about it, but knowing that so many people in my local area probably read it, and actually BELIEVE it, even after actually seeing my prices is beyond me. I bet that second person just purposely looked up a p3 battery that was cheaper than mine just to use as a weapon to say my prices are high.

If I can find where this is posted, atleast I can see what who said, maybe even post my side and talk to this guy. As you all know tho, some people believe what they wanna believe and stick to it.

Last edited:
Just because the second guy says he heard or read about your high prices doesn't mean it's true.
He could be friends with the first guy who harassed you.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Your name is getting out there, so it's free publicity. If his complaint is only about your prices then I would say, no big deal. Let other buyers decide for themselves if they are shopping around for deals. If your prices are fair, you should succeed. I always look at the seller's reputation ratings. If the rating is less than 96%, I will not buy no matter the price.

I manage a real estate related business and sometimes customers complain about price. Others ask about any "deals" we have going on. My boss always says it's their job to be like that. We are currently 96% full and most other places like ours are too.

Can't you just open another account on Kijiji and sell under a new name?

A lot of us who have sold stuff ALWAYS get these idiots trying to lowball us. It happens. If some cheap dipwad wants to trash my name because I won't give away my stuff then so what.

Run something under every ad you place such as: "Others who expect sellers cut prices in half - simply because they can't afford (or aren't willing to spend) the fair market value - are trashing the names of good sellers. Don't put any stock in this juvenile behavior."

Can't you just open another account on Kijiji and sell under a new name?

A lot of us who have sold stuff ALWAYS get these idiots trying to lowball us. It happens. If some cheap dipwad wants to trash my name because I won't give away my stuff then so what.

Run something under every ad you place such as: "Others who expect sellers cut prices in half - simply because they can't afford (or aren't willing to spend) the fair market value - are trashing the names of good sellers. Don't put any stock in this juvenile behavior."
That's actually a good idea. On Kijiji you don't need a new account, you can just edit your name.

If your prices are too high... the items will not sell.
No one can dictate what your asking price is.
If I wanted to sell a DJI Phantom Prop set for $300
on any internet site it is my decision. If the items
will sell is the buyer's decision.

Your potential irate buyer is miffed because he's a jerk
and thinks he's entitled. Replying to him further will
only entitle him further.

Sorry for your troubles, but ignore the trolls and go on with your day. There will always be someone out there that wants to complain about something.

They say if you give a million monkeys, a million typewriters, that you will eventually get the works of Shakespeare. The internet has proven that isn't true.

...and a prop set for $300! That price is way too high!! I can get a set shipped directly to me for $250....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj