So some idiot shot my phantom3 advanced WITH 22.

Well not sure about who would win. Just get the price of a replacement, go to courthouse and file a small claims suit on the property owner but I would have to agree with the earlier statements. In a judges eyes and with drones bad rep. I'm sure the judge would rip both of you a new one. Him for shooting anything! You for simply owning a aircraft that is dangerous in the wrong hands..

I am leaving this open only so the OP can report back. I had to delete over 20 post. I don't want to see any further off topic post here or expect a warning. Some of you have gone way off course here. No more gun talk that doesn't refer directly to the OP's thread. No more "I'm better than you" talk either. We're here to talk about drones, not country gun policies. Why adults have to bicker like children over a post is beyond me. If someone makes a post that doesn't belong, use the report button, do not make rude post back, let the staff handle it.

So to be clear, on topic or not at all.

garbage%20can.png

Cody - In reference to the incident. First off I am empathetic to your struggle. I can put myself in your shoes and I would feel the weight of the occurrence. I hope that you are fully compensated and that they make an "example" of the person that shot at your drone.

I would call the local media and have them dispatch a news crew to cover the story. Since you are 100 percent in the right here I would play the part of the scared (guns can be scary right?) pilot that was just out having some peaceful fun with his children (children added to the story is *key*) . Bullets being fired from who knows what direction , you and your young children running for cover , over a 1000 dollars of damage (its unflyable -right. So thats a +1000 dollar paperweight at the moment.)

This has the makings for a great legal and media case that will reinforce if not set a precedent for other drone pilots in similar situations. Its gonna happen again to someone so think of it as helping others to make laws that will seriously penalize those who shoot indiscriminately at drones in the air.

Force the powers that be to specifically "define" where it is legal to fly in terms of altitude and proximity. We can all work within those parameters , but not knowing makes things too arbitrary.

Best of luck! Keep us all posted!

Reactions: DRR
The media won't cover that unless the drone crashed into the guy that was shooting. Just saying. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L and Gary M
It actually 6 guns per every man , woman, and child in the United States. That would be 600 guns that have been manufactured and are available to those 100 persons. Its a 6 to 1 ratio.
Because no one has any guns in the UK! LOL
Did you miss what the Administrator just posted? o_O

Reactions: pomonabill220
So I was flying my couple month old phantom 3 advanced quad and some idiot shot it with a 22. I was not flying or looking at his property I till I noticed he was firing at me. Turn because I couldn't believe it and started looking to see who was shooting and bam! Disconnected from my controller to my bird. Luckily my bird did what was it supposed to do, flew home. When got back I noticed it was hit in the VPS and Ofdm module. What are my rights. PLEASE HELP.
Shooting ANY flying object that is governed by the FAA is a felony. Read the FAA website.

Shooting ANY flying object that is governed by the FAA is a felony. Read the FAA website.
While this is very true the government seems to want no part of prosecuting anyone. More than a few people have had them shot down and not one has been prosecuted for violating that federal law. If the shooter in this story faces any charges they will only be local charges, not federal charges.

So I was flying my couple month old phantom 3 advanced quad and some idiot shot it with a 22. I was not flying or looking at his property I till I noticed he was firing at me. Turn because I couldn't believe it and started looking to see who was shooting and bam! Disconnected from my controller to my bird. Luckily my bird did what was it supposed to do, flew home. When got back I noticed it was hit in the VPS and Ofdm module. What are my rights. PLEASE HELP.
You are responsible when you fire a gun when that bullet leaves the barrel you are legally responsible for whatever happens If that bullet missed your drone and hit a planeand the plane crashed and killed everybody he could he would be charged with murder

Reactions: Sim597
Man I feel for the OP as stated before, plus I'm glad I didn't post off topic! Lol but jeez, although yeah I too think the guy that shot at the drone is a jerk, there are a lot of them, but the vehemently opposed direct their hatred with such zeal, man bring it down a notch, or two.

The idiot shooter doesn't deserve to be stoned or hanged, heck, I'd say he's in enough trouble as it is without adding any more. I do think however the OP should have the shooter buy him the bare bones bird without battery and RC (if battery wasn't hurt) brand new off DJIs website, and because he's being "let off" with this, maybe an upgrade to a P3P bare bones (if your battery fits, been so long I don't remember what the OP was flying) and with that, the OP should still fix the guy that came back because that bird is a hero!

After drone is replaced, and if indeed the sheriff charges him with shooting a firearm in residential area, that and an apology should make the OP whole again, without felonies and ruining a dudes life because he's a low educated moderate income doehead who obviously screwed up. I'd hate to have that firing a weapon in res. area, I like my License to carry. That and there's prolly a couple more things the sheriff can do as far as tickets, and depending he may throw the book at the dude.

As a drone guy I'd like to see one, the attitude of this guy and others like him, to be more respectful of those of us who aren't young idiots looking into ppl's private lives. (Personally I find ppl boring, who wants to look into Windows to see someone living thier life!? Jees how boring!) those of us who fly and take panoramic shots or into the whole scene of things. And two is the OP gets made whole. In this way it makes the whole place a better place to live, and play, less ppl shooting, less ppl annoying others with their hobby, and generally just more respect.

I would of returned fire!

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
If your on private property with a camera you don't have many rights to be there.

Wrong...Only the FAA controls the air space from the end of the grass infinity. It is a felony to shoot at registered aircraft period.

For the second time in just a few hours............

I actually feel sorry for Luv my TJ. Looks like he's gonna end up cleaning up another train wreck.
They have angered the bear! Here I come again!

2013-03-30-If-this-is-chasing-you-you-might-as-well-just-give-up.gif

If you got money to burn. Why not.

That bear looks like he quite school 'cause they had recess. So you know he don't play........lol

In Australia you would be Very close to being put in a Cage for a few months for discharging a Firearm in a Public place. At the Very least the Shooter would Thankfully have all their guns taken off them and their licence Cancelled indefinately with a hefty hefty fine and a criminal record!
The Remote Control Toy operator would not have any dramas at all compared to the Complete dooshbag who shot at it.

I understand people being protective of their property etc, but seriously Only a Real Moron or a Crim with something to hide would be putting others in danger by recklessly shooting a RC Quad chopper out of the sky with a Firearm!

Reactions: GoodnNuff and DRR

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT