So loud....?

Reaction score
Is there any way to quiet down the phantom 3 pro? I can still hear it 300’ in the air. Drives my dog crazy too. Just wondering if there is anyway to muffle the noise a lil?

Maybe buy your dog some ear plugs/defenders for Christmas....? :):)

Seriously though, there's no way of reducing the noise significantly that I know of without affecting flight characteristics. The stock props seems to do the job of flying quite OK and any reduction you might be able to make in noise factor would be pretty insignificant. As mentioned above, balancing props plus checking for any dings/imperfections if your props are not new might make a bit of difference, but not that much.

You can't muffle props like you can oars.... ;)

I have both stock and carbon fiber the carbon fiber are even louder. The neighbors kinda trip too when I fly it at night. I like to fly at night cuz I get better video and I get off work and it’s already dark

Although I'm not an aerodynamics engineer, the carbon fibre props have less give and the leading edges will rip into the air even more aggressively I would think, so slightly more noise is to be expected.

I'm glad I'm not your neighbour.... :)

Hey guys, if any one has a link to tutorial on how to balance props it would be much appreciated as my P3P4K started to get noisy & is frightening the coos in the fields around the old homestead:(

So I sanded the props and balanced them and it made it much quieter! Thanx for the good advice Lar Bear360. Much appreciated.

Reactions: LarBear360
Yea, and I saw where u can even buy props that are suppose to be even quieter

Yes they are the DJI Mavic Platinum props and they are quieter. But they are also more fragile. They are for the Mavic only.

Prop sound is a product of blade shape, smoothness and its RPM. Secondary is also what is 'downstream' of the prop thrust. Ask any Fixed wing flyer and he will show.

Fixed wing flyers can reduce sound by changing prop / motor combo to have lower RPM prop. Making sure blades are clean and smooth.

Our P3's are limited though - we could in theory increase pitch and or diameter to reduce RPM as Flight Controller will adjust motor speed to compensate for greater thrust. But the difference will be hardly noticed.

All we can do really is balance, clean and make sure the props are smoothly fashioned. Less aggressive use of throttle, smoother flight.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl