So I need some advice

Reaction score
I have a P4 and want to upgrade for a better camera. My problem is M2P or P4 pro v2.0. And if I get the phantom do I continue to use my iPad or splurge for the built in screen knowing this will be the last upgrade for 5 yrs.

I have a P4 and want to upgrade for a better camera. My problem is M2P or P4 pro v2.0. And if I get the phantom do I continue to use my iPad or splurge for the built in screen knowing this will be the last upgrade for 5 yrs.
If you are upgrading strictly for camera quality then I would choose the P4P over the M2P. Overall the P4P in my opinion has the best camera for anything below an I2.

Then when it comes to P4P, if you can get one, I would stick with the original P4P v1 instead of the v2. I have not seen any overwhelming differences that make the v2 worth the upgrade cost, and there have been some reported stability issues in the air.

I have both controllers for my P4P craft and if I had to choose only one I would probably stick with the standard (non-screen) version because it gives you much more flexibility in terms of what you can attach to it and what software you can load on the device.

Obviously opinions may vary but that's my view.

I second the above advice!!

I have a P4P Pro PLUS V2 and love it. I have ordered a nonPlus controller for the versatility of using 3rd party aps but I do LOVE the built in screen for day to day flying.

@PhantomFandom,
All these models, its like trying to figure out what mobile device you need. ;)
Thanks!

Rod

V2 has Occusync instead of Lightbridge so that's a plus IMHO even though I have a V1.

Reactions: gppms
Reactions: RodPad and BigAl07
If you are upgrading strictly for camera quality then I would choose the P4P over the M2P. Overall the P4P in my opinion has the best camera for anything below an I2.

Then when it comes to P4P, if you can get one, I would stick with the original P4P v1 instead of the v2. I have not seen any overwhelming differences that make the v2 worth the upgrade cost, and there have been some reported stability issues in the air.

I have both controllers for my P4P craft and if I had to choose only one I would probably stick with the standard (non-screen) version because it gives you much more flexibility in terms of what you can attach to it and what software you can load on the device.

I think I’m going for a P4P. I’d take a refurbished P4 advanced if I could find one. Much appreciated

Reactions: Romy Baillo
Ontario Canada
OK thanks. Good idea to update your profile with location. I thought if you were anywhere near my area, I could use to cut down my fleet a bit.

Reactions: RodPad
I have been a photographer far longer than I have been flying drones but one thing
i am certain of is the P4P (I use V1) is really the best bang for the buck and the specs of this camera are really about as good as it gets even compared to much pricier rigs with interchangeable lens where technique and glass will win in the side by sides. You may have a ferrari but you need to know how to drive it competitively to beat the guy in the camaro who knows how to drive. If the camera isn't enough to sway you then I would encourage you to consider the features, reliability, stability, speed, and of course price point. here is a video we use to inform our clients about the equipment we use. Good Luck and Happy Shooting!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Oh, and I use an IPad Air 2 works perfectly , cost effective and easy to switch to another device should it fail during a shoot.

Reactions: RodPad
I have a P4 and decided to go to the M2P for a camera upgrade. I'm glad I did because I dont miss the big claim shell case with the big clunky remote. Not that I wont still use my P4 or XSP though.

I think I’m going for a P4P. I’d take a refurbished P4 advanced if I could find one. Much appreciated
You'll probably love whichever you choose. For me, the new unit prices are ridiculous so I had to look around for a nearly new one. Found a P4P V2 in pristine condition with just 9 charges on the batteries. The DJI racing edition goggles were included and all for $900. Price seemed reasonable and the seller demonstrated how perfectly it flew before I paid him. Point is, deals are out there. Spent 3 days finding mine.

You'll probably love whichever you choose. For me, the new unit prices are ridiculous so I had to look around for a nearly new one. Found a P4P V2 in pristine condition with just 9 charges on the batteries. The DJI racing edition goggles were included and all for $900. Price seemed reasonable and the seller demonstrated how perfectly it flew before I paid him. Point is, deals are out there. Spent 3 days finding mine.

Very well done :)

Reactions: gppms

very good advice

Reactions: PhantomFandom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31