So happy with new Go App and 1.3.2 firmware

Reaction score
I've posted already on this theme, but this forum needs more optimism. Since the new app and 1.3.2 firmware on my iPhone 6 Plus, it all works great. I'm using the HDMI output board to Headplay HD goggles and there is very little latency with a bright, clear image. Range is great. iPhone 6 is not overheating. No stuttering or signal problems.

This is the way I imagined it to be when I first bought the Phantom 3. Finally!

I had been holding onto 1.19 but took the plunge yesterday. Updated the bird & the new app (ios) & everything is great so far.

My Phantom 3pro is now flying great again like it did on 1.1.9. Not only is it rock solid again in flight, it now has double the range in my neighborhood. Where I was getting 1500-2000ft. I'm now getting 3900ft! Very excited with this new update!

I had been holding onto 1.19 but took the plunge yesterday. Updated the bird & the new app (ios) & everything is great so far.
Having difficulty updating the controller to 1.3.2. Successfully updated the aircraft, but when I downloaded the new app and plugged my phone into the controller it is not prompting me to update. How did you do it?

I updated my 3 Pro last night but haven't flow it since. Is there also an update for the controller or is this just a drone update?

Having difficulty updating the controller to 1.3.2. Successfully updated the aircraft, but when I downloaded the new app and plugged my phone into the controller it is not prompting me to update. How did you do it?

Found it easier to just link the controller to the quad via the cable. Turn the controller on then the quad. Controller will start to beep and do its thing. Took about 2-3 min. Blue light on the controller will turn green. Once it turns green it's good to go.

Found it easier to just link the controller to the quad via the cable. Turn the controller on then the quad. Controller will start to beep and do its thing. Took about 2-3 min. Blue light on the controller will turn green. Once it turns green it's good to go.
You can also use a USB stick for this update. The next version will update directly from the APP.

Ok, I just updated my controller via the cable to the drone and log shows updates were successful. Now the issue is my controller won't shut down. I've held the button, released and pushed again just as instructions say and as I've done in the past. Nothing. Any suggestions?

Ok, I had to hold down the power button for a really long time then it finally shut down. I had to cycle the drone and controller several times, maybe 4, before the two would connect together but it finally took. So far everything looks fine, I'll know more after I fly it in about an hour.

Before I flew this afternoon I did a IMU calibration because I noticed my video still had a slight tilt on the horizon. After the flight I noticed it was still there but I guess it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Another issue I had with the file was the time/date stamp, it was 12/31/2013 at 2300hrs. I thought this would be automatically updated when the drone connected to the GPS but apparently it isn't. I have looked for the configuration settings to change this but haven't found them. Anybody have an idea?

Jeff

Before I flew this afternoon I did a IMU calibration because I noticed my video still had a slight tilt on the horizon. After the flight I noticed it was still there but I guess it will be fixed in an upcoming update.

Another issue I had with the file was the time/date stamp, it was 12/31/2013 at 2300hrs. I thought this would be automatically updated when the drone connected to the GPS but apparently it isn't. I have looked for the configuration settings to change this but haven't found them. Anybody have an idea?

Jeff
A IMU calibration will not help the tilted horizon, you need to do a gimbal calibration.

I've posted already on this theme, but this forum needs more optimism. Since the new app and 1.3.2 firmware on my iPhone 6 Plus, it all works great. I'm using the HDMI output board to Headplay HD goggles and there is very little latency with a bright, clear image. Range is great. iPhone 6 is not overheating. No stuttering or signal problems.

This is the way I imagined it to be when I first bought the Phantom 3. Finally!
Glad to hear your report! I just got through to DJI, and asked the question about Android...And I asked about Waypoints, Follow Me, ETC. DJI says these functions are NOT in the new APP, and there isn't plans to add....What are your findings now that you are using?

@jfjohnson - Have you tried adjusting the gimbal roll value to straighten out the horizon? The setting is in the DJO Go App under camera settings. May help...
It's a more complicated issue for everyone than the roll setting.. It's a rolling moving horizon issue based on orientation. Picture it as this... As I do a 360 rotation, the tilt moves similar to the shape of a radio wave.. Hard to explain but it's a rolling tilt.. Straight some directions, left some, right some. And please, nobody mention gimbal calibration or imu calibration or any other use setting, because it's a dji problem with some phantoms, not user error. Many hope it's firmware related.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: dataway
I noticed that the new app and firmware will save the gimbal tilt adjustment. Previously, you had to re-enter it every time the drone was power cycled. I can leave it set at -1.0 and at will be close. I may need to fine tune in the air or after a yaw but it gives a better starting point than beginning at 0 each time. I'm glad they finally made the setting sticky.

Reactions: Alex_

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl