so another p4 or ugrade to advanced ??

Reaction score
Some of you know i splashed my bird a few days ago . totally my fault my mind was gone that night apparently. Anyway State Farm has come through and is going to pay me for my loss . They were very nice and the claims girl has said this has happened before , so giving me full price no deductible and also informed me when i get the replacement to make sure i call the office so they can get the next one covered also . So now here's the question i'm asking advice. I can get a p4 new with 3 batteries for $910 . or i can get an advanced with the better camera for $1115. but only one battery . i do have a couple batteries for the p4 but they have roughly 66 flights each . i believe i can use the p4 batteries in the advanced . that would give me one new battery and 2 older ones . or i stick with the 4p and have 5 batteries 3 of which will be new. Is the camera on the advanced worth it ? i have been happy with the p4 camera and i would not say i'm a professional photographer. I'm leaning toward just another 4p but am open to any ideas or thoughts

Some great bargains to be had on standard p4 mate .........why pay lots more for what the general flyers really needs from these slight improvements get standard p4 for now and wait for the p5 ;)
Thinking the same thing . I have been happy with the p4 camera . photos and videos look great and with the prices of the p4 . starting at $798 . or the one I'm looking at $910 with 3 batteries seems like a great deal and will end up with $439 extra after pay out on the old bird . plus i have plenty of extras for my p4 like lenses props etc etc ,. may wait to get other replies and pull the trigger tomorrow after i sleep on it . Thanks for your advice

With the leak of the new Mavics that are on the horizon I would wait until they are announced... I have 2 P4P's [one as back up) and will be selling my backup (with only 15 min of flight time) as soon as the new Mavics come out... I am sure there will be lots of bargains to be had when pilots like me trade up for the newest model.
Of course I understand that in the meantime you are birdless... and just itching to fly... to satisfy your urge just get a Tello for $99 and mess with that until the Grand Announcement. Safe flying mate... Aloha...

PS: But as you said you have a load of accessories for the P4 so there is also that to consider... eBay?

Reactions: alsobrook4336
With the leak of the new Mavics that are on the horizon I would wait until they are announced... I have 2 P4P's [one as back up) and will be selling my backup (with only 15 min of flight time) as soon as the new Mavics come out... I am sure there will be lots of bargains to be had when pilots like me trade up for the newest model.
Of course I understand that in the meantime you are birdless... and just itching to fly... to satisfy your urge just get a Tello for $99 and mess with that until the Grand Announcement. Safe flying mate... Aloha...

PS: But as you said you have a load of accessories for the P4 so there is also that to consider... eBay?
I'm not to keen on the mavics . plus all the extras i have for the p4 would then be worthless , such as a good hard travel case , batteries , props, lenses .etc . it's going to be another phantom just not sure which one but am leaning to the p4 again as it fit my uses very well . never liked the mavic

Also wondering if a refurbished unit would be a possibility. I have questions pending on the one i found for $910 with 3 batteries waiting to get an answer to my ? of is it new and are they a dji reseller . they are an amazon prime retailer which means amazon will back it up but want to make sure . it was just as hard buying the first drone and i got lucky with the drone and retailer

I went from a P4 standard to an Advanced. Man, the camera difference is outstanding. I'm down 1 battery from 3 when I sold my Standard but I'm happy with the Advanced purchased.

Reactions: jimlips
I went from a P4 standard to an Advanced. Man, the camera difference is outstanding. I'm down 1 battery from 3 when I sold my Standard but I'm happy with the Advanced purchased.

what do you think about refurbished units ? i enjoy having the drone but am even debating not getting another

I have a P4 and I am also satisfied with the camera (I'm not a pro) The P4 advanced will go with all your existing batteries and props...etc. I would really consider the advanced for the better camera because you have the opportunity to move forward.
At 66 cycles you still have many flights left. I have 4 batteries with over 90 cycles and I still get 17 to 20 minutes (depending on wind) cruising at 30mph and land around 20%. I take good care of my batteries and so far it's all good, all 4 lights on all 4 bats for battery life.

what do you think about refurbished units ? i enjoy having the drone but am even debating not getting another
I don't mind them. I actually bought my Advanced on Craigslist for $650. With 1 battery. I had three with the satndard but kept the high capacity one. At least there is a warranty with a refurbished one.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
If it’s just the price difference it should be an easy decision, even considering the battery scenario. The P4 is significantly improved- you will benefit from the improved imaging system.

I have a P4 and I am also satisfied with the camera (I'm not a pro) The P4 advanced will go with all your existing batteries and props...etc. I would really consider the advanced for the better camera because you have the opportunity to move forward.
At 66 cycles you still have many flights left. I have 4 batteries with over 90 cycles and I still get 17 to 20 minutes (depending on wind) cruising at 30mph and land around 20%. I take good care of my batteries and so far it's all good, all 4 lights on all 4 bats for battery life.
Thanks for taking your time to respond . I'm still on the fence between the advance and p4 standard . one thought is i can get a new p4 for $748 ., one battery would be new . i can bank $601. and be where i started . or go for the p4a 799. on wal mart .com referbished. have one high capacity and 2 p4 batteries . cost is more but would still be out ahead .

My experience has been excellent. I have a refurb P3S, P4 and Mavic. Couldn't tell the difference from new out of the box.
looking at a p4advanved on walmart for 799 . not bad seems walmart would be better then some other sellers plus i can get for $58 a 3 year protection plan that includes replacement

If it’s just the price difference it should be an easy decision, even considering the battery scenario. The P4 is significantly improved- you will benefit from the improved imaging system.
the p4 is great and pictures are also, is the advanced worth 200 ++ more over the p4 . Guess I'm looking at my last 1.5 years of use . 200 flights makes me feel i want to up-grade or just keep it the same . not sure it will ever turn into a money maker so just for personal use and enjoyment though i have my 107

the p4 is great and pictures are also, is the advanced worth 200 ++ more over the p4 . Guess I'm looking at my last 1.5 years of use . 200 flights makes me feel i want to up-grade or just keep it the same . not sure it will ever turn into a money maker so just for personal use and enjoyment though i have my 107
Easily worth it- you will have trouble giving a standard P4 away soon. Remember the massive second hand value drop of the P3 series? If you want to keep in the air and minimise your losses going forward the advanced is the no brainer based on the prices your quoting.

And your still questioning what to do? go and get it!
Shows as an open boxe but all is there per walmart web . is this something that was dropped etc . says returnes only on damaged items . guess it could have been on a shelf , or a display model

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.