so another p4 or ugrade to advanced ??

Thanks to everybody for your opinions . i believe i'm going to go with the advanced and get from a dji store and pay 959 refurbished of course . as opposed to 799 from Beach cameras opened boxed unit . unless i hear more ideas . lol

Thanks to everybody for your opinions . i believe i'm going to go with the advanced and get from a dji store and pay 959 refurbished of course . as opposed to 799 from Beach cameras opened boxed unit . unless i hear more ideas . lol
Keep in mind that refurbished AC are products that have been returned and offered for resale. If the beach camera offering has full warranty attached there may be little if any difference.

Keep in mind that refurbished AC are products that have been returned and offered for resale. If the beach camera offering has full warranty attached there may be little if any difference.
here's the copy of the disclaimer listed with the beach camera p4a This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in AS IS condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.

here's the copy of the disclaimer listed with the beach camera p4a This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in AS IS condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Seems fair....

Seems fair....
/turns out it was an older posting , but talked to beach camera all open box units were sold and returned and they do not promise that it was not registered so it may or may not come with a factory warranty . may just spend the extra 259. for one that comes with dji factory warranty . Thanks again for your advice . i do think up-grading to the advanced is the way to go

Well after much thought and considering how much i used my drone , all the extra hardware i have for the p4 , and future plans along with the fact that it won't be long before better drones come out i decided to replace my p4 with another p4 . only a refurbished one for 694. this puts me back to where i was only better because it basically a new drone . Gave the advanced a lot of thought but it came down to costs 301 difference between an advanced refurbish and p4 refurbish . i have all the filters for the p4 along with spare motors , and lots more some of which would have worked on the advanced and some not . i was happy with the p4 and camera . since i never endeavored to turn it into a business and just used it for personal enjoyment and photos/videos. so it suited my needs very well . as a photographer i am very much an armature so the camera suited my needs very well . I can stick the windfall of 655 away for an upgrade in a few years when other better drones come out . Now to see about selling some of the extras like the controller not sure i need 2 controllers . the one i have is perfect , battery is great and always fully charges , i've never run it down more the 2/3 and usually get 12 to 15 flights before a recharge . so how much would be a good price for a great used controller ? i will wait to get my new drone supposed to be here by Wednesday the 15th .
THANKS TOO EVERYBODY AND A SHOUT OUT TO ALL YOU GREAT FORUM MEMBERS

Reactions: D0CT0R
So Inside an hour and a half you flipped back from P4A to P4? The insurance company is giving you enough to buy a P4P outright with change in your pocket yes? If your looking at this with the intent of trying to get in front dollar wise and plan to stay in the hobby then the P4P, even the v2 (you wouldn’t need to put in $150 maybe) are the best options. When you come to upgrade to the P5 or whatever shiny new AC is out at the time the later higher spec model AC will have significantly higher rjesale value (compared to P4). You don’t often make money from insurance companies. If your looking at how much of the insurance company money you can hang onto while staying in the game a second hand good condition P4 is your best option.

Last edited:
Reactions: John1960
So Inside an hour and a half you flipped back from P4A to P4? The insurance company is giving you enough to buy a P4P outright with change in your pocket yes? If your looking at this with the intent of trying to get in front dollar wise and plan to stay in the hobby then the P4P, even the v2 (you wouldn’t need to put in $150 maybe) are the best options. When you come to upgrade to the P5 or whatever shiny new AC is out at the time the later higher spec model AC will have significantly higher rjesale value (compared to P4). You don’t often make money from insurance companies. If your looking at how much of the insurance company money you can hang onto while staying in the game a second hand good condition P4 is your best option.
Yep changed my mind this morning . gave it good thought and since I'm not using the drone as much as i would like nor have i gotten into the professional side of things . I decided to make good use of my accessory's and not have to start over with a new bird . with my photograph skill level the p4 was all i needed . i wish i could be better and had the time to become better but the drone is an after thought . to much money invested for it to just sit around , sometimes for weeks and when i do fly it's not as exciting as it used to be [just a distraction now]. with paying much less for the p4r I won't have issues selling for a decent price should the day come with all the extras i have . lets face it used phantoms don't bring top dollar , same with most used Harleys . I have other things that need money and a 655 extra kick to the pocket book is much needed right now . Came close to not replacing at all . This way I'm ahead of the game so to speak . Oh and i'm skeptial of buying new /refurbished let alone somebody else's used drone . not enough honest people out there . i know if i sale something it's what i say it is others i don't find to be so upfront about things . So back to flying by Thursday . Buy the time a p5 comes out [which may be many years down the road as DJI is making the most of the phantom 4 line ] i even looked at a inspire refurbished but my practical side won out
i'll most likely be over the drone craze and move on to some other hobby and give what i have to my grandson

Well there you go- perfect.... those few little considerations taken into the decision its smiles all around...

I tendto give old tech away to friends and family also. Unless it’s k’s of $ the time in answering enquiries and fiddling around is better spent elsewhere .

Talking about all this got me thinking how i crashed . Then it pop-it into my head, I had the controller on a picnic table i was sitting at . when the kid and mom showed up i turned the controller so the kid could get a good view changing the orientation of the controller So when i though i was turning i was actually descending , i had turned it to the left so now inputting a left turn was really descending relying on my instincts instead of my head !.

How does insurance come over the bridge? Or are there insurances in the USA specially for drones? In The Netherlands where I live you can’t ensure a drone so easily.

what do you think about refurbished units ? i enjoy having the drone but am even debating not getting another

My current unit is a refurb, I've had no problems, and (had) the same warranty as a new one. I kept the same model to reuse (and increase) accessories. (Just my $.02)

How does insurance come over the bridge? Or are there insurances in the USA specially for drones? In The Netherlands where I live you can’t ensure a drone so easily.
here State farm insurance , which i insure my home and autos, motorcycles have a personal article policy for $60 a year . Glad i got it cause it payed me what i paid for the drone . now i can replace which i did . i will call state farm and add the new drone at the lower price of course

My current unit is a refurb, I've had no problems, and (had) the same warranty as a new one. I kept the same model to reuse (and increase) accessories. (Just my $.02)
Good to hear . got the new p4 on the way . refurbished and feel it will be fine puts me back to square one again

As with any used, refurbished, or open-box item, check the warranty thoroughly. Hopefully you will not need it, but if you do, you will be thankful that you did. An “open box” item that has been “inspected” means that it went through a visual inspection to be sure nothing is missing or shows physical damage. It is NOT powered up. So you could be buying a bricked drone from a failed firmware update and not know it until you power it up the first time.

Some used product warranties are very good, and can actually be better than manufactures warranties. Others not much. You could get a warranty that states you will need to pay the shipping to and from a foreign country and that warranty repairs can take 6 weeks or longer. Some warranties even state that the product must be registered within a few weeks of purchase to be valid. Or you could see something in there that states warranty repairs will not be honored if firmware is updated! (Something that DJI does often).

If you use a credit card for your purchase, they too can come with a safe-purchase warranty that can be leveraged in cases where the vendor does not adequately cover their product. I know Discover does that first hand.

Just be careful and read the warranty statement so that you know what you are getting.

T
As with any used, refurbished, or open-box item, check the warranty thoroughly. Hopefully you will not need it, but if you do, you will be thankful that you did. An “open box” item that has been “inspected” means that it went through a visual inspection to be sure nothing is missing or shows physical damage. It is NOT powered up. So you could be buying a bricked drone from a failed firmware update and not know it until you power it up the first time.

Some used product warranties are very good, and can actually be better than manufactures warranties. Others not much. You could get a warranty that states you will need to pay the shipping to and from a foreign country and that warranty repairs can take 6 weeks or longer. Some warranties even state that the product must be registered within a few weeks of purchase to be valid. Or you could see something in there that states warranty repairs will not be honored if firmware is updated! (Something that DJI does often).

If you use a credit card for your purchase, they too can come with a safe-purchase warranty that can be leveraged in cases where the vendor does not adequately cover their product. I know Discover does that first hand.

Just be careful and read the warranty statement so that you know what you are getting.
Thanks , didn't care for the beach cameras answers . saying all open box were returns that may or may not have been registered and may or may not come with factory warranty based on weather they were registered buy the returnee . i did end up purchasing a p4 refurbished though a Amazon dji store . $694 with all factory warranty .It will suit my needs and at least have the same warranty as a new unit . now all the filters i have i can still use along with the 2 batteries i have . i will end up with 2 controllers so will most likely sale the one from the old phantom

T

Thanks , didn't care for the beach cameras answers . saying all open box were returns that may or may not have been registered and may or may not come with factory warranty based on weather they were registered buy the returnee . i did end up purchasing a p4 refurbished though a Amazon dji store . $694 with all factory warranty .It will suit my needs and at least have the same warranty as a new unit . now all the filters i have i can still use along with the 2 batteries i have . i will end up with 2 controllers so will most likely sale the one from the old phantom
Cool. I shop on Amazon a lot, and their customer support and return policy is very good. Especially if you ordered with a prime membership. You should be able to get back a good amount of money for the spare controller to. The P4P came out about eight months after I made my P4 purchase. Kind of regretted not waiting, but it seems the P4 has had less issues than the P4P.

Hope you get back in the air soon!

Cool. I shop on Amazon a lot, and their customer support and return policy is very good. Especially if you ordered with a prime membership. You should be able to get back a good amount of money for the spare controller to. The P4P came out about eight months after I made my P4 purchase. Kind of regretted not waiting, but it seems the P4 has had less issues than the P4P.

Hope you get back in the air soon!
should just be a few more days . So what's the value of a good used p4 controller . any idea

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20