So annoyed with Hobbyking - is there US store for RC stuff?

Reaction score
I got FPV from Hobbyking in China and it has been a whole week and they still have not shipped it out yet. Everything shows as in stock. They said they have customs issues with lipo batteries holding up orders. I told them I don't even have lipos in my order. And they tell me every time they will let warehouse know and every day it has not shipped. So really annoyed because I have event coming up and need it soon which I have told them every time.

Is there US based store for RC gear for quadcopters? Wish B&H Photo in NY would stock up on more RC gear.

Re: So annoyed with Hobbyking - is there US store for RC stu

I'm really happy with http://www.intelligentuas.com
They didn't charge shipping and my local store charges tax so I saved there too. I placed an order on Tuesday and it came today so that was nice. They shipped USPS and it needed a signature so you might want to send it to where you will be there to sign for it.

Isn't there a US HobbyKing warehouse?

mroberts said:
Isn't there a US HobbyKing warehouse?

Hobby King has a USA warehouse in the Seattle area, but the problem is that they only have a fraction of the inventory that the International one has.

I placed an order on the 9th, 20 days later it's like it vanished. No tracking. HK says it sent weeks ago. I keep seeing bits here and there about the super long waiting times, and a recent week long national holiday didn't help. But come on...

Sucks cause they have about everything and great prices, but I think I'm done. :(

Oh an if I can, I usually hit up readymaderc.com. Great selection and super fast. I get most things in 2 days

I had the same exact issue with a HK order and a US order from them, which I just cancelled after over 10 days without shipment. I will likely never buy from them gain and this was my first order ever. Also their customer service simply lies as they have no more access to info than you do in order view. And it's Chinese New Year soon so everything will stop for 10days,

getFPV.com ships from FL, has lots of FPV stuff in stock and other high end gear. They have been super responsive over email and FaceBook. I would recommend them.

Atlanta Hobby fills my orders pretty quickly. You can call them and actually ask questions and they will assist in troubleshooting.
All around great place and great guys.

No i dont work for them but i spend alot of $$ with them.

eckoner said:
Atlanta Hobby fills my orders pretty quickly. You can call them and actually ask questions and they will assist in troubleshooting.
All around great place and great guys.

No i dont work for them but i spend alot of $$ with them.

+1

Thanks for some new store names. Been spending a lot on little bird and would like place to go that has Phantom FPV quadcopter products and quick delivery and responsive customer service that can ask your questions.

Yes the HK US warehouse does not have a lot of what China warehouse has.

Update- Just got email today that my FPV has shipped from warehouse! woohooo! It only took like 7 days. I paid extra for fast shipping from China so I am hoping it gets here to states in time for my event.

I think the recent log-jam is clearing, a delayed order my buddy placed is finally on it's way. HK threw him a $10 bone for the inconvenience, I know that doesn't offer much of a consolation but....

Love them or hate them though, HK are crazy cheap and they really are a one-stop-store for all manner of stuff.

I actually have a service ticket with them which they have managed to ignore for 2 weeks so I filed a Paypal claim. Sucks but I'm pragmatic enough to figure these things are minor hiccups in life's great tapestry :)

Another reason i am growing disappoinment in HK shoddy service. Below is chat when i asked about my order -

[06:45:28] Jin: i also placed order for more batteries from us warehouse. do you know when it will ship?
[06:48:19] PS 9: soon
[06:48:33] Jin: what does soon mean?
[06:51:30] PS 9: as soon as the order gets packaged
[06:51:53] Jin: wow that is no help
[06:52:02] Jin: you didn't think i didn't know that?
[06:54:27] Jin: that is very lazy garbage answer you know that right?
[06:54:55] PS 9: im sorry

Also, when you cancel your order, it'll take 7 days for them to refund you. If they do.

HobbyKing international is ok,. just expect 2+ weeks to get your stuff delivered.

if you find what you're looking for from their USA warehouse, it arrives in under as week.

Hobbyking sucks. I live in Costa Rica and was recently in the US. I needed some parts and HK was the only place I found that had them on hand. I paid an extra $35 for expedited shipping. The item was in stock, but they did not ship it for 8 days. They informed me, I paid for expedited carrier costs. BS, I paid for 'expedited shipping'. Needless to say, the items arrived after I came home and had to be forwarded at even more cost and time. They are idiots.

Odd, I've had nothing but good service. I'm in the USA. Shipping takes a bit longer, but my last order for a FPV arrived in four days.

Just got my order from Sept 19th for several batteries in today, so I can't complain about their services.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl