Smooth Landing (my) P3S vs P3P

Reaction score
I've had a P3S for about 6 months now and typically when landing I will bring it down to eye level and grab it out of the air, however, on occasion I've used the landing function within the app for automatic landing.

On my P3S the landings are perfectly, smooth and soft, but on my P3P the landings are no where near as soft and it comes down much faster/abrupt, is this something that is configurable?

I've had a P3S for about 6 months now and typically when landing I will bring it down to eye level and grab it out of the air, however, on occasion I've used the landing function within the app for automatic landing.

On my P3S the landings are perfectly, smooth and soft, but on my P3P the landings are no where near as soft and it comes down much faster/abrupt, is this something that is configurable?

Sadly, the P3A and P3P do not auto land nearly as smoothly as does the P3S. It's not something that you can configure.

I think that every time I have seen this question come up, the thread invariably becomes a bunch of posts saying to "hand catch" or "land manually it's easy." I don't think I have ever seen the actual question discussed about why the P3S auto lands much softer, or why the P3P/P3A does not auto land as softly as it did on earlier firmware.

Maybe it's just that a large majority of people never use auto land so there's not much interest in discussing it. Even if that's true, I'm sure there are many who do auto land.

I remember back in May last year when I first got my P3 that the auto landings were remarkable. Very smooth and so impressive, with VPS on or off. I used to love demonstrating it to people. Now after several FW updates it auto lands too hard, so I no longer demonstrate or use the auto land. I now consider it an emergency feature only.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan