Slight camera vibration of my P3

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got myself a barely used second hand Phantom 3 Advanced, and it also got brand new propellers.
I took it out for a flight yesterday but I noticed that it's not as smooth as it looks on most of those videos of it. It has this slight vibration to the camera view. One gotta pay extra attention to truly notice it though. But it's not an acceptable thing in my opinion and I would like to know if any of you know how to fix it. There's no visible damage on the gimbal that I can see. Here's unedited YouTube upload to show what I mean by the way, which I also forgot to enable 2.7k in:confused:

Things that I think might cause this:
-I flew at full throttle all the time just to have fun and not really try to record anything in detail
-there were slight breezing where I flew
-new props might still be rather unbalanced

Also, a little unrelated but what's the best camera settings in your opinion?

First off welcome to PhantomPilots! A couple things to check, are your new props balanced? You can use a Dubro prop balancer or balancing rod to check. Also check to make sure your rubber absorbers are still supple and correctly in place. Make sure there are only 2 retaining clips installed in the absorbers too (not all 4 corners) you never know what weird things go on with a used phantom.

Hi!
Rubber absorbers were already set up according to what you said. I do have a Dubro style prop balancer from when I used to fly toy grade Syma's but I noticed just now that the metal rod is slightly bent so it won't give any accurate results. Do you happen to know where I could buy just a simple metal rod with same girth/width?

Things that I think might cause this:
-I flew at full throttle all the time just to have fun and not really try to record anything in detail
-there were slight breezing where I flew
-new props might still be rather unbalanced

Do you happen to know where I could buy just a simple metal rod with same girth/width?
Welcome!

I've used an x-acto knife handle a few times in a pinch. Maybe give that a try for now if you have one around the house somewhere until you get a new rod.

X-Acto-knife.jpg

Also - check to see that there is no shipping foam behind the gimbal. When they are shipped new, there is a small piece of foam there that is frequently missed. One guy here did not even see it for a full year and was complaining about jittery video. Perhaps the original owner put it back in place before selling to you.

If you are interested, click here for a list of tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have this rod with Dubro system and it works a treat I use small amounts of packing tape on the underside of the prop and get them tuned up perfectly. We used to sand them back in the day but I don't trust doing that with DJI props I don't want to remove any mass from them and possibly create a weak spot. though I doubt Id ever have to sand that much I still don't want to take the chance.

Thanks! But dang, that thing's expensive! But I guess it's handcrafted with accuracy with robust materials to ensure it's balanced, and it's also made for self tightening DJI props

Welcome!

I've used an x-acto knife handle a few times in a pinch. Maybe give that a try for now if you have one around the house somewhere until you get a new rod.

View attachment 89896

Also - check to see that there is no shipping foam behind the gimbal. When they are shipped new, there is a small piece of foam there that is frequently missed. One guy here did not even see it for a full year and was complaining about jittery video. Perhaps the original owner put it back in place before selling to you.

If you are interested, click here for a list of tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!
Hahah, I am curious on how his reaction was when he realized he forgot to remove that foam after a year. Well, unfortunately that's not the problem as that was one of the first things I looked for when seeing the jittery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik