Skype FPV??

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is probably not a good idea but I was wondering if this was physically possible.

Potentially if you attached a smart phone to the legs on a phantom and called a second phone over skype or similar would that mean that you could potentially have unlimited wifi fpv? Obviously you would need good cell reception and there would be some lag. Im not suggesting this as a replacement for wifi cameras, more of an experiment.

Unfortunately I live out in the sticks and don't have the reception to test this out... Would be interested to know if it would work.

What do you guys think?

I think it would work, the lag would be horrible, but it should work. If it's the signal you're worried about, I tried an experiment were I used my phone for Pandora radio and a speaker system and it kept it's signal just fine. Actually, with the Skype idea, you could probably even use a laptop as your fpv screen if you have a good wifi signal.

i have tried that and yes, it works. As mentioned above lag was horrible and in my case (nokia lumia 920) the image quality was really bad. I can say it works, but it is useless :)

i have tried that and yes, it works. As mentioned above lag was horrible and in my case (nokia lumia 920) the image quality was really bad. I can say it works, but it is useless :)
Fair enough. I thought as much. That's a shame.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj