Skies full of drones

Saw two this weekend for the first time but that was at the dedicated flying field in Richmond Park London

Never have seen another here in Montana either. People only know how bad they are from the bull they hear from the media.

I've seen two other flyers in three years. First year was a guy who built a Hexacopter with his DSLR camera mounted. Second time in Hollywood Florida on the Broadwalk. P2V+ with Fatshark Googles. Both gentlemen were friendly and informative. The interest is growing...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

i spotted one in Lakewood, Ca last year while i was sitting at a park at 9 pm. night flyer apparently. i heard it first. then spotted the lights.
i've spotted them over car shows and a 5k run on the beach.

This past July 4th during a fireworks show here in Fresno, CA......I spotted a phantom and an inspire above us over a large crowd gathered to watch the show. They were hovering for a little over 20 mins then landed. My guess was because their batteries were depleted. They didn't get to shoot the finale...LOL.

A little over a week ago I brought my P3S to record some fireworks, during the show i spotted 3 other (What looked to be) phantoms recording the fireworks with me. Me and one other just hovered at 400 ft, another looked like he had waypoints set up and was circling the fireworks, the last one was much higher than 400 ft and was recording the fireworks from above.
Never got to see the other pilots but it was fun to see all the drones up there!

The one orbiting got into my video a few times
rgrgrg.jpg

Last edited:
Head out north west. You will see at least one over the desert almost every morning.

Are there any nice spots in Vegas to fly to get some good scenery shots? While not getting hassled of course.

I'm headed to Vegas this weekend and was debating on taking my phantom.

Yes this is interesting. I first saw my neighbor had one. That got me into the hobby back in 2014. Haven't seen another one since until this weekend I took mine downtown and saw a standard there. A few months back I saw a typhoon H. That's it

Are there any nice spots in Vegas to fly to get some good scenery shots? While not getting hassled of course.

I'm headed to Vegas this weekend and was debating on taking my phantom.

It depends on how early you are willing to get out and how far you are willing to drive. There are a few places to get some shots of the city, but you have to go early. It is too hot after 8am or so. If you are will to drive to Mt. Charleston, there are some places out of the heat with mountain scenery. If you can handle a 30 to 40 minute drive, I can give you some ideas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4