Simply P3A + 2 extra batteries or P3P?

Easy......P3A + 2 extra Batteries.

There has been lots of threads asking the same question, discussing the advantage of 4K over 1080p if you do a search. I for one would not have benefited from 4K over 1080p in anyway and I do actually wonder how many who went with the P use 4k. but all that aside IMO being able to fly for approximately 1 hour comes head and shoulders above shooting in 4K and I doubt many members given that choice would actually choose 4K if it had to be one or the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjlt123
I went P3A, extra battery, 32 GB SD card and GPC hard case for the same price as a P3P. Since I have nothing 4k in the house it was an easy choice.

How much of a difference is the battery charger? I have the P3P and have to wait 45 minutes per charger sometimes. I have 2 batteries and if I had to wait any longer it would really be a bummer.

I went P3a plus extra battery and a hard case and believe that I made the correct decision [emoji3]

Well i opted for the P3A because of the 60 frame per second possibility
This is the only difference between the two. Other than that The P3P has 4K video and a 100 W charger instead of 57 W

I opted for the Phantom 3 Professional even though I don't yet have a 4K TV though my computer monitor does 2k. Here are some of my reasons.

1) future proof for when I have a 4k set
2) improved optics on the 4k camera
3) 100watt battery charger
4) A 4k video can still be played on a lower resolution screen and you will be able to make out some more detail or at lest have the option of zooming in.
5) Frame grabs of 4k recorded content will have more detail in the image than 1080p

I opted for the Phantom 3 Professional even though I don't yet have a 4K TV though my computer monitor does 2k. Here are some of my reasons.

4) A 4k video can still be played on a lower resolution screen and you will be able to make out some more detail or at lest have the option of zooming in.
5) Frame grabs of 4k recorded content will have more detail in the image than 1080p

Where did you get the info about improved optics?

P3A and bought a 100w charger with (4) batts. I've never once wished for a 4K shooter. It's useful if you need to do video crops. If it had better stills I'd have gone pro.

By time I'm upset this "only" makes amazing 1080p60 the Phantom4 will be out with the 4k or 10k options.

Where did you get the info about improved optics?

Click on the link where is says to Learn More about the Camera. You can click on the advanced and professional. The difference in optics is mentioned briefly there.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/feature

The description for the 4k talks about the 9 different am elements and two aspherical elements yet the 1080p camera gets into no detail regarding these details. it's anyone's guess if that means the optics in the 4k version might be slightly different or improved or not but maybe it's implied. Who knows?

Its hard to future proof such a fragile delicate camera... Most crash before they even get to use the 4K...
If money was not a thing... or if it was my business and my clients required 4K then Pro. If I'm chasing dogs around the park and doing hobby-flying, then definitely advance with 2 batts.
I'm in Australia - after all the taxes etc, its a $400-$500 difference between the 2 models.

Well i opted for the P3A because of the 60 frame per second possibility
This is the only difference between the two. Other than that The P3P has 4K video and a 100 W charger instead of 57 W

100-w charger can be purchased separately on EBay fairly cheap. Funny, the DJI website tutorials claim that the cameras are the ONLY difference in the two quads. I guess they feel the charger is not worth mentioning!

100-w charger can be purchased separately on EBay fairly cheap. Funny, the DJI website tutorials claim that the cameras are the ONLY difference in the two quads. I guess they feel the charger is not worth mentioning!
Aren't the batteries different too? I have 2 P3Ps and 1 P3A. Don't want to mix the batteries cause of the charger difference (chip inside intelligent battery) but maybe it doesn't make any difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31