Simply P3A + 2 extra batteries or P3P?

I went P3a plus extra battery and a hard case, fantastic bit of kit...

Aren't the batteries different too? I have 2 P3Ps and 1 P3A. Don't want to mix the batteries cause of the charger difference (chip inside intelligent battery) but maybe it doesn't make any difference.
P3A and P3P batteries are identical, the only difference is the charger.

Reactions: Daniel Voyer
i went with the pro for the 100 watt battery charger

There seem to be three more advantages to the pro - 1 . higher preview video bitrate allowing better video with hdmi goggles. 2. Higher bitrate of 1080p video recording - 60mbps vs 40mbps, leading to better video quality.
3. Achieving better 1080 quality by recording 4k videos on the pro , then encoding them down to 1080 in software. I'm still debating myself whether this actually is worth the extra 250 bucks.

There seem to be three more advantages to the pro - 1 . higher preview video bitrate allowing better video with hdmi goggles. 2. Higher bitrate of 1080p video recording - 60mbps vs 40mbps, leading to better video quality.
3. Achieving better 1080 quality by recording 4k videos on the pro , then encoding them down to 1080 in software. I'm still debating myself whether this actually is worth the extra 250 bucks.
I would bet there's more than a few people in this forum that want to sell their p3a due to the degraded wireless bit rate link you get compared to the p3p. The Phantom 3 Advanced just doesn't perform well with 720 goggles like Headplay HD when you install the optional HDMI board. Disappointing. Go with the Pro.

I'm selling my Advance just cuz I needed to record in 4K ....besides that it's a great little bird 2.7k recording is excellent and if you aren't using googles it's perfect on a tablet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20