Silver props harder to install than black

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just upgraded from a P2 to a P3P and when I went to install the props that came with the P3, I noticed that the props with the black dot spin freely all the way down until they are tight while the props with the silver dot only spin freely half way and then need to be hand tightened the rest of the way. This happens on both silver motors and with multiple props that I've tested.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

You may have them on wrong. Try to switch them. Just a thought, I had the same problem with my p1. Can't remember if I just spun them down or rotated them.

You may have them on wrong. Try to switch them. Just a thought, I had the same problem with my p1. Can't remember if I just spun them down or rotated them.
I verified that I was matching silver to silver and black to black. very odd.

The blacks go on clockwise and the silvers anti clockwise or visa versa is that they way your installing them?

The blacks go on clockwise and the silvers anti clockwise or visa versa is that they way your installing them?
Yeah, that is how I'm installing them. The same way as my P2. It's so off that they only freely spin 50% of the way down and then I need to hand tighten the rest.

Yeah, that is how I'm installing them. The same way as my P2. It's so off that they only freely spin 50% of the way down and then I need to hand tighten the rest.
If you try to put then on the wrong way, the threads will be damaged and they wont spin on easily. I had the same issue with mine. The ones that didn't spin on easily, still worked ok and were on securely-- and I used them for about 3 months-- never had any issues with them. Decided to put 4 new ones on yesterday, and they all spun on freely. The nylon threads are easy to damage and take no force if they are turned in the right direction.o_O

I've had the same 'issue' with one of my props. Think it was a silver one too.

Mine was the total opposite ! Silver screwed on with one spin to the end black ones went half way then had to hand tighten ! I thought cause the black pods had black paint on them , wrong I got a new set of props and these all spin down with no hand help at all! It's just the way they are made ! I have 2 sets that spin free and 2 odd ball black ones that need help !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj