Show us your bag/case

Reaction score
I've been following a pretty extensive thread in the Mavic forum where fliers have posted pics and details of the case or bag they use for their Mavic and figured it would be a good idea in the Phantom forum :)

Forgot to add the one I use! Manfrotto D1
aa352332464e0fbb004d51c0b8a94fcb.jpg

Me to all I got is cardboard box.?

Same here... mine is a waxed cardboard box procured from behind the local fried chicken joint, thoroughly washed out with dish detergent.

It carries everything I need to go flying including a cig lighter battery charger.

The blue masking tape hides my name, phone number, and FAA number... and my business card on the back of my tablet. The notebook on the right contains a printout of the P3P owners manual, load up list, preflight and postflight checklists, and sections for ideas and lists of places I want to fly.

I also have a knock off of the manfrotto D1 backpack which came with my second hand p3p. As backpacks go, I like it but it's too much trouble for daily carry.

Edited: dang... downsizing made my photos look really bad... need to find a better photo editor!

Last edited:
I never use the bag because I don’t have patience. I just put the thing in the back of my vehicle and off I go.
If I was going to hike up a mountain I would use the bag more. I fly so much that I don’t even store the drone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 268
@SeattleDrone I may get one of those! I use the hard case when I know it'll be in the truck most of the time, but a backpack would be great when we (daughter & I) want to go find some cool places a truck won't go. Very nice for the price!

Brad

Goals to think about when deciding on a way to carry your drone stuff around.

1. Must do a good job of protecting things, but keeping in mind it will always be on your person when traveling, so you will be protecting it yourself to some extent. You'll never check it when flying somewhere.
2. Must fit into an airplane overhead storage, the legal 9X14X22" size. Most hard cases won't qualify, but many airlines accept them for carry-on. You risk getting rejected on heavily booked flights, and batteries cannot be in checked bags.
3. Should be comfortable to carry your drone stuff when hiking or biking. The ideal setup is a backpack.
4. Good zippers, EASY to open and close. This is hard to determine from a website, you really need to test it, or have easy return privileges.
5. Good quality shoulder straps that are high enough quality to last a few years without tearing apart.
6. Enough room to carry all your stuff, including the charger and multi-battery charge cradle, essential when traveling.
7. Light enough to be easy to backpack. With all contents, under 25lbs is ideal
8. Must be non-descript. You don't want anyone knowing what's in the backpack. It shouldn't have a drone embroidered on the back, DJI, or anything that hints drone.
9. You don't want any labels implying "high dollar photo equipment" is inside the backpack, such as a "National Geographic" logo.
10. Good handle on top for hand carrying in addition to the good shoulder straps.
11. Configurable inside to adapt to the gear you have.
12. Good materials that are not fragile, strong enough to last.

I like the Think Tank Helipak for to meet these goals. Not cheap, but less than the GoProfessional backpack that's not configurable, and lighter.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic