Show off ur moded phantom tricked and pimped

DSC01652_small.jpg

P3 Pro. Kept Gold Accent's, Silver Carbon Look to Reflect Heat

Thanks Man,

I was kinda pushing it with putting a Silver wrap on a Gold trimmed out Pro. Lol.. The Transmitter turned out pretty good I think considering. It kinda reminded me if a picture I saw of the Inspire Transmitter.

Very nice, can you elaborate on how you get the carbon look in a paint?
I'm almost Positive the shell, and Landing Gear is Dipped. They sell them compleatly Ready to fly, or you can just order just the shell, and Gear Dipped. They also offer the service of allowing you to send yours in to have it done for a service charge. Google Carbon Fiber Dipped Phantom 3, or try it on Utube to see exactly how they do it. I Have a P3'Pro with the old shell. Soon as I see the First Shell Crack, that's the Rout I'm gonna Take. Good Luck Man!!

Finally finished the Device Holder upgrade on the Phantom 3 "STANDARD" Transmitter. All that's left is the Grey Rubber dust cap for the original Antenna hole, And Possibly some Signal Boosters in the Future. Slides right in the case now, Just like the Advanced, and Professional Transmitters do. So much easier to deal with for me personally. This, and the Antenna has been the Best Modification I Have Made up to Date. "I Highly Recommend doing This"!!!!! (Practically Speaking of course).
I Gotta say, I Love my Standard!! Without all of the Extra weight, and Electronics, I'm getting about 5 MORE MINUTES fight time than with the Pro. Something to think about. I Absolutely LOVE the Upgraded Litebridge Transmitter though.

Attachments

• 1457547260224.jpg
    1457547260224.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 666
  • 1457547277554.jpg
    1457547277554.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 1457547297175.jpg
    1457547297175.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 617
  • 1457547321233.jpg
    1457547321233.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 654
  • 1457547335205.jpg
    1457547335205.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 641
Finally finished the Device Holder upgrade on the Phantom 3 "STANDARD" Transmitter. All that's left is the Grey Rubber dust cap for the original Antenna hole, And Possibly some Signal Boosters in the Future. Slides right in the case now, Just like the Advanced, and Professional Transmitters do. So much easier to deal with for me personally. This, and the Antenna has been the Best Modification I Have Made up to Date. "I Highly Recommend doing This"!!!!! (Practically Speaking of course).
I Gotta say, I Love my Standard!! Without all of the Extra weight, and Electronics, I'm getting about 5 MORE MINUTES fight time than with the Pro. Something to think about. I Absolutely LOVE the Upgraded Litebridge Transmitter though.
I added the Adv/Pro tablet mount to my P3S controller and it's amazing! So worth it!

I'm looking at boosting the antennas but not sure which kit to go with.... The DBS or the ARGtek... I've found ARGtek for £45 on eBay ($64)

Great mods though, looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jack1926
Not a huge fan of the sticker skins, there has to be a company out there that can wrap it like a car. If anyone knows please let me know. I'd love to paint it but that looks like it would take forever, I've seen the video and there seems to be a lot involved concerning the break down and rebuild.

Sign shops (Signarama, etc.) do vehicle wraps.

Just hit the 'Yellow Pages".

Not a huge fan of the sticker skins, there has to be a company out there that can wrap it like a car. If anyone knows please let me know. I'd love to paint it but that looks like it would take forever, I've seen the video and there seems to be a lot involved concerning the break down and rebuild.

You could potentially wrap your controller but it requires a heat gun to shrink the vinyl to form to the curves and stuff of the controller.

you could try the plasti-dip, though also requires takedown and rebuild, though if you get tired of it, you can peal it off

I added the Adv/Pro tablet mount to my P3S controller and it's amazing! So worth it!

I'm looking at boosting the antennas but not sure which kit to go with.... The DBS or the ARGtek... I've found ARGtek for £45 on eBay ($64)

Great mods though, looks amazing!!

Thanks Man,

I like the ITELITE Pannel Antenna personally. This is a screen shot of one particular flight. I was surrounded by over 150 houses that I feel sure had a modem, and Wi-Fi system to give me interference. The panel mod gives you a lot more concentration in the direction you're flying, and that's what I love about it due to all of the interference I'm subjected to. The other antenna kit is nice especially 4 people that do not want to drill holes in their transmitters. Personally I do not see how it doesn't affect the warranty either way, because you have got to disconnect both Wi-Fi cables, and the antenna cable inside of your transmitter to install either antenna. If you do this DJI will know unless you plan on removing your antenna, and installing the factory antenna back on the Transmitter before sending it in. Seeing how you've already put the device holder on your transmitter you're obviously not worried about drilling holes. I guess it comes down to spending the extra 45 or $50. You also need to think about the location you're flying from, and to. I have a lot of recently built houses very, very close to me, and I would not even consider anything other than the panel version. It does a fantastic job of focusing all of your radio, and Wi-Fi signal straight towards your P3's. I just don't like the idea of sending out 360 degrees of unamplified Signal. Ya know... I also hate antennan sticking up as a pet peeve of mine. They always seem to get in the way. This is just my opinion though. Both antennas can easily be removed, but that long Bar across the top of the transmitter where are the antennas screw in could get in the way if your receiver doesn't slide down inside of your case right side up. If you tried to put a transmitter in a case sideways you might have to do some cutting on your case. Luckily the way I have mine mounted I don't even have to remove it Ever. I will post a picture of my property with all of the houses I have surrounding me as soon as I get off work. "Before" the Antenna Mod, I was loosing Signal at 400 FT. Ridiculous!! I know could get much more distance if I were at a different location without any interference.

Attachments

• 1457558268081.jpg
    1457558268081.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
Thanks Man,

I like the ITELITE Pannel Antenna personally. This is a screen shot of one particular flight. I was surrounded by over 150 houses that I feel sure had a modem, and Wi-Fi system to give me interference. The panel mod gives you a lot more concentration in the direction you're flying, and that's what I love about it due to all of the interference I'm subjected to. The other antenna kit is nice especially 4 people that do not want to drill holes in their transmitters. Personally I do not see how it can affect the warranty either way because you have got to disconnect both Wi-Fi cables, and the antenna cable inside of your transmitter to install either antenna. If you do this DJI will know unless you plan on removing your antenna, and installing the factory antenna back on the receiver before sending it in. Seeing how you've already put the device holder on your transmitter you're obviously not worried about drilling holes. I guess it comes down to spending the extra 45 or $50. You also need to think about the location you're flying from not just in. I have a lot of recently built houses very, very close to me, and I would not even consider anything other than the panel version. It does a fantastic job of focusing all of your radio, and Wi-Fi signal straight towards your Phantom. I just don't like the idea of sending out 360 degrees of unamplified Signal. Ya know... I also hate antennan sticking up as a pet peeve of mine. They always seem to get in the way. This is just my opinion though. Both antennas can easily be removed, but that long Bar across the top of the transmitter where are the antennas screw in could get in the way if your receiver doesn't slide down inside of your case right side up. If you tried to put a transmitter in a case sideways you might have to do some cutting on your case. Luckily the way I have mine mounted I don't even have to remove it ever. I will post a picture of my property with all of the houses I have surrounding me as soon as I get off work. I could get much more distance if I were at a different location without any interference.
Thanks for the reply!

So your saying that the ARGtek transmits 360 degrees whereas the ITELITE transmits at 180 degrees or less, a more narrowed transmission!

How does that effect range and stuff? I personally am looking at these mods to increase my range by about 200m and also increase my wifi stability?

Thanks for the reply!

So your saying that the ARGtek transmits 360 degrees whereas the ITELITE transmits at 180 degrees or less, a more narrowed transmission!

How does that effect range and stuff? I personally am looking at these mods to increase my range by about 200m and also increase my wifi stability?

I'm Easily getting over 3000 FT Range with what I have. Look at the screen shot of my flight with the Antenna Mod. Then Take a look at the Other picture. My house, and property is inside the black line. I have a Even Larger neighborhood across the Horizontal Street you can see in the picture. Those are HUNDREDS of apartments to the far Right of Me. If I don't turn off my Wi-Fi search it would Fill My screen with atleast 30 to 40 Wi-Fi Connections!!! I can Guarantee you will not have ANY problems at ALL achieving ONLY 200 extra meters!! That's ONLY Approx. "600 FT" No matter where you are located YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!! And YES, it sends the Signal in the direction of your UAV, Not Everywhere around you just waisting the low powered amplified Signal produced By the Factory P3's Transmitter. I will Happy to post you a link to ITELITE so you can reed the spesifications for yourself concerning the degree of Angle, Exedra. I'm not knocking the other Mod, but this IS what the Long Rang Pro's Use, so you be the Judge. BTW, It Also penetrates through foliage, and trees better by concentrating your Signals in one direction. I Hope all if this helps you.

Attachments

• 1457601196293.jpg
    1457601196293.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 597
  • 1457601222838.jpg
    1457601222838.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 545
I've only seen the Polar Pro landing gear in black, I like the red ones in the pic, did you paint them?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr