Show off ur moded phantom tricked and pimped

BLACKEDOUTCONCEPTS
Is the name of the business. I have dealt with them many times, and they are Extremely Interested in you Being 110% Satisfied with your purchase!!! They have FANTASTIC Wrap Material / Vinyl at a GREAT price!! I haven't dealt with anyone else, but I know from personal experience if you deal with them you can't possibly go wrong. Also wanted to add that they are extremely easy to communicate with on any level.

Attachments

• 1453206184610.jpg
    1453206184610.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 968
  • 1453206221949.jpg
    1453206221949.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 879
  • 1453206241402.jpg
    1453206241402.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 868
Reactions: Silverwingflinx
View attachment 41137 Well its time to replace the shell noticed a crack so that means paint job...ooooh yeah.black is nice but dark colours hot sun over heating naaaa.reminds me of when I was in the Philippines for three months.i took my p2 there well the motors and battery were hot enough to cook an egg.it gets hot there!!!! That was only a 10 /15 minute flight!!!!!!View attachment 41136
That is a dope paint job

Reactions: Jack1926
So share with us if you may, the bird side booster in Dipole is for the video reception correct? On your boosted controller you only need one booster for the control side now you have no need for a booster for the video side. So now give us a report how does it work have you ever lost reception now that you've gone to the trouble of mud and the bird side and a concern of mine do you notice any decreasing flight time due to powering up the Birdseye booster. Nice mods bro

Reactions: Jack1926
So share with us if you may, the bird side booster in Dipole is for the video reception correct? On your boosted controller you only need one booster for the control side now you have no need for a booster for the video side. So now give us a report how does it work have you ever lost reception now that you've gone to the trouble of mud and the bird side and a concern of mine do you notice any decreasing flight time due to powering up the Birdseye booster. Nice mods bro
Thats correct. Only one booster for tx on the rc and 1 booster for video tx on the phantom. I think the boosters power consumption is minimal

Does the CF wrap have any impact on the gps reception? I know with CF frames on helis you have to.make sure the rx antennas extend well outside or you get major dramas.
Carbon Fiber and 2.4 Ghz can be troublesome, but have no fear. These are printed carbon fiber vinyl decals. There is no "real" carbon fiber in them, and they look great. The painted one looks great too.

SD

Does anyone know where to get customise skins, I want my company logo and colours. Thanks in advance... Btw just blown away by the jobs you've done on your birds

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Really Like the paint jobs and find myself really itching to buy a shell and give it a shot...right now I'll just have to live with my wrap job.

D6C13125-0853-4214-9FAA-AE4BA6ABBFF0_zps1eya07ls.jpg

Thats correct. Only one booster for tx on the rc and 1 booster for video tx on the phantom. I think the boosters power consumption is minimal

Can you post the instructions for installation? I'm interested but want to see how to install it before I order.

Custom paint or "dipped"?
That is exactly what I was wondering myself. They actually label dipped items as painted from my previous experience in the sign business. When he purchased the custom phantom, it's sold as a customized limited edition carbon fiber painted phantom 3. I found a few for sale by a third party but they are brand new so they're basically just customizing from what I can see only the professional models, and selling them for about $400 more for tearing it down, coating the entire shell, and landing gear, then reinstalling everything back in place which is actually not too bad considering people do need to make a living Tom and from what I can tell the coating / paint job is flawless!! I'm sure they have someone extremely experienced in the disassembled, and reassembly process an order to not void the factory warranty. Actually the more I think about it, the more I don't really understand how that would work. From the best of my knowledge I remember someone saying if you were to take anything apart it voids the warranty. Maybe they have some type of a certified DJI technician program? Kind of like when it comes to boats they have Mercruiser certified technicians, and there are the only ones that can touch the outdrive or engine without voiding the warranty. If its done correctly, dipping is actually better than a paint job. It runs into every crack and crevice evenly coating every square millimeter! Not to mention holds its pattern like the carbon fiber look for example. When you look at when done correctly its actually hard to tell whether it's been wrapped or if it was actually made out of carbon fiber material, and then clear coated.

Can anyone link me a good website for wraps/skins
If possible one that has a range of options
I have a p3a btw

Hey luke98,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Go look at page 5 where I put BLACKEDOUT CONCEPTS and some of there pics. I did a screenshot of their eBay page for you.

Reactions: lukek98

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl