Should Warranty covers shipping costs

Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I sent my phantom 3 pro to Carson CA to fix the "esc status error" and I really liked the way Dji handled the whole process for me. Printed out the shipping label they sent me, called fedex who picked it up next day, notified about 3 weeks later that problem was fixed and my phantom 3 was on its way back to me. When it arrived back and I prepared for my first flight in many weeks, the camera was way out of adjustment, pointing about 45' to the right. The camera was working fine when I sent it out for the warranty work. They even said that the unit was tested before sending it back. I live in Canada so dealing with US customs is always a problem and can cause serious delays and was hoping I would have the same level of service
for this warranty repair since the problem was created while they had my phantom in their repair facility. But now I am informed that getting my phantom to Carson for repair is now my problem and I find out that it will cost me around $120. International shipping is always a hassle from Canada because of the custom declarations that are required and if you miss something my phantom could get stuck in a backlog at some customs clearing site for months. I was actually going to order the phantom 4 for a backup but their change in policy has changed my mind.

Seems like you have a good case for a(nother) warranty repair. Talk to them again. Be nice but be persistent. Like any large company, there are variations in the quality of first line support folks.

Escalate if needed. If that doesn't work, go to the DJI forums and see if you can get one of the reps to help you. They seem to be able to do this with some regularity.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik