should I use tablet wifi signal

Reaction score
I have a phantom 2 and a go pro 3. I was told not to use the wifi signal from the go pro 3 camera or it would crash my drone. Is this correct info? I need to know this because I cannot get any picture on my tablet from camera, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a phantom 2 and a go pro 3. I was told not to use the wifi signal from the go pro 3 camera or it would crash my drone. Is this correct info? I need to know this because I cannot get any picture on my tablet from camera, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, it's not recommended to use your GoPro's Wifi when flying, because both your controller and GoPro work on 2.4GHz frequency. This can end up messing your frequencies, and you may have a problem with your controller's commands, or even experience a flyaway.

It's not 100% sure that you WILL have a problem if you use both. But it's better to pay for a 5.8GHz FPV system with telemetry, rather than paying for (or fixing) a new Phantom 2 and GoPro.

Here is why...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Range is poor and lag is a real issue. There's about 1-1.5sec lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers