P3 Firmware Should I upgrade my P3A Firmware?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have only flown my new P3A once - and it seemed to go well. Was able to get some decent range, even with some interference around from apartment buildings.

On the tablet I'm using I have WiFi turned off as to not get interference - but just now while at home and connected to WiFi, the DJI GO app said 'updates available'.
It says:
App: 3.0.0
Version: 1.5.30+
Remote Controller: 1.6.0

I know 1.6.0 is the latest for the RC - but 1.5.30+ seems pretty old for the aircraft?

My question is - should I update? Is there any gains to be had? Or is it pointless if the aircraft appears to be flying normally?

Cheers
Hunt

Another thing - it seems 1.8.80 is a good version to have.
Can anyone confirm if doing this will work with the latest RC firmware and if the below steps are good?

With the aircraft off, plug in controller to phone/tablet and power it on.
Open DJI GO app
Touch the 'Firmware upgrade required' at the top in the aircraft status bar at the top and click 'Updates required at the top'.
Follow instructions to upgrade the RC firmware.

Once completed, format the SD card using the DJI GO app.
Plug SD card into computer and copy 1.8.80 .bin file to the root directory.
Plug SD card into aircraft, and without the RC on, turn aircraft on and let it update itself off the SD card.

Will that work? Is it advisable?

Hi all,

I have only flown my new P3A once - and it seemed to go well. Was able to get some decent range, even with some interference around from apartment buildings.

On the tablet I'm using I have WiFi turned off as to not get interference - but just now while at home and connected to WiFi, the DJI GO app said 'updates available'.
It says:
App: 3.0.0
Version: 1.5.30+
Remote Controller: 1.6.0

I know 1.6.0 is the latest for the RC - but 1.5.30+ seems pretty old for the aircraft?

My question is - should I update? Is there any gains to be had? Or is it pointless if the aircraft appears to be flying normally?

Cheers
Hunt
Do it, remember to Update the Firmware in the control and the Phantom as well !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav