should I update the firmware on the FC40?

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to do so, but took it to the nearest hobby shop and they adamantly suggested I not upgrade anything since newer updates can have new bugs to work out. But as the latest firmware might have been released a while ago maybe the latest update would be good? Is there anything that I am missing out on by not upgrading?

I updated mine, but to let you know you will have to open the controller and update the firmware on there too just in case. I cannot say you are missing out on anything it operates exactly the same as before. By the way, the receiver has to be switched to D-bus instead of PPM. Also, my antivirus kept on shutting down the software so you will have to adjust the antivirus settings. Also run the program as administrator if you are running on Windows. Check youtube for tutorials.

thanks..sounds like a lot of extra work. prob just keep it as is then. thanks!

I was just plugged in the other day and didn't notice any recent updates.

Beario, when did you do yours, and to what number?

I'm betting the guy who said don't do it was thinking of the P2. If you update that it turns on you and tries to entangle your hair with the props. Slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.

I was just plugged in the other day and didn't notice any recent updates.

Beario, when did you do yours, and to what number?

I'm betting the guy who said don't do it was thinking of the P2. If you update that it turns on you and tries to entangle your hair with the props. Slight exaggeration, but you get the idea.

Hey IflyinWY I am updated to the latest version for the FC 40 version 4.02 I did that a while ago. My wife's FC 40 is completely stock and not updated and I do not notice a difference in performance, except it seems to acquire satellites a lot faster than mine. I've repeated the steps again on mine, but I cannot get it to acquire satellites as quickly as it did before. I just wait the extra minute and fly like a normally do.

I really have to wonder why they make things worse with updates.
Guess I'll continue to use the original update I installed.
Thanks Beario

I really have to wonder why they make things worse with updates.
Guess I'll continue to use the original update I installed.
Thanks Beario

I wish I could explain it, I really do. My wife only has 4 flights on her FC40 and each time we take off together her's is always ready before mine. Thats why I did not update it. I am just not sure about it because it does everything perfectly already.

I'm on 4.02.
No problems with sats.
Just as fast as my p2. Can't actually believe any software update influences the way the GPS receives. Only after advanced IMU calibration GPS initialization takes a minute longer, maybe. With both P2 and FC40 no difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31