Should I update my phanton 3 advanced to the latest firmware 1.50030

Awesome. I never had known that. Just signed up. Expecting to receive my card within 30 days.
Be SURE to read their flying rules! If you're not following every single one of them, they'll most likely fight any claim. Which I can't really blame them.

is there new RC firmware associated with the 1.05 firmware just released? If so, how can I access it?

Awesome. I never had known that. Just signed up. Expecting to receive my card within 30 days.
They also do a good job of lobbying for the hobby in DC

Wow I appreciate my club a lot more now. Buddy box lol . We don't treat our members like children . We have a blast and the cookouts are definitely the best part.

I didn't read any post just the thread title. In my opinion. Yes update.
Well I update the firmware to 1.50030 a few hours ago, also the controller, everything seems to be working just fine, it was a little windy, and the Phantom still maintain a very stable position, so far good but just one fly, I have just one battery, tomorrow I will fly at least 2 times

I updated Nov 18th, all seemed fine until I went to take off, esc errors, not sure if it was a coincidence , I suppose that's what I get for having the iPad connected to wifi when I turned things on, otherwise I would probably be flying, it's on it's way back to California repair depot, first flight Nov 14th, in a box for repair Nov 18th, I don't expect to see it anytime soon, I noticed weak signal as well while sitting right beside it, the update I'm sure did something even though it said it was successful.

I updated Nov 18th, all seemed fine until I went to take off, esc errors, not sure if it was a coincidence , I suppose that's what I get for having the iPad connected to wifi when I turned things on, otherwise I would probably be flying, it's on it's way back to California repair depot, first flight Nov 14th, in a box for repair Nov 18th, I don't expect to see it anytime soon, I noticed weak signal as well while sitting right beside it, the update I'm sure did something even though it said it was successful.
Not sure the WiFi would have hurt anything. When I use my tablet, the WiFi is on, linked to my phone's hot spot to pick up Google Maps. It's usually good to do IMU and compass calibrations after an update. Good luck when you get it back. You'll love it when everything settles down!

I have downloaded and have not seen any adverse reactions. I would recommend you update so that all systems are current and functioning in sync. You can now update your controller from your tablet or phone so it's not necessary anymore to insert the micro SD card. The batteries will update themselves when you turn on the P3 with the battery. They will recognize the latest firmware and update automatically.

Download the latest firmware from the DJI website onto a micro SD. The BIN file will be a ZIP. Extract that BIN. Delete the ZIP file and make sure you only have One BIN file on the card.

Insert into the Phantom and turn on with a FULL battery. You'll hear D-DD. This will turn into D-D-D-D. When Done you will hear D-DD and receive a green light on the front of the gimbal.

Remove the SD card, insert onto computer and confirm Success. Delete a the BIN and success file. You Do Not need to leave or should leave the BIN file on the card after update. The P3 harbors this now in its own on board memmory which will update the batteries.

Next, turn on your controller and click on software update from the primary firmware icon and let that update to completion.

Updated everything yesterday. Took it outside n took a selfie n G birds eye view of the house. Had to recalibrate the IMU but other than that no problems. For some reason on the last update I couldn't calibrate the compass.

If you are using third party apps like Litchi and you upgrade, you will start to lose functionality. The first thing you gain is a height restriction of 500 meters. You also lose the ability to rollback, and DJI Go will update itself and the RC without asking.

If you have already been using DJI Go, you will not notice the altitude restriction, because DJI added that to it's own app long ago. They did not take away the functionality in the firmware until now, meaning that all the third party apps lost their ability to let you fly above the 500m mark.

You also lose your ability to go back to an earlier version of ANY app, because DJI made changes in the coding which makes all apps developed before this firmware release inoperable. Actually, this started with their new SDK release this past October.

So be VERY sure you want to accept the altitude restriction, the loss of ability to roll back the firmware, the loss of ability to use an older app, and I am sure, more and more restrictions are coming with each new release, as DJI works hard to craft their product in a way that no person anywhere can possibly fly it and break a regulation by creating one-size-fits-all solutions designed to keep the most careless and clueless pilots from doing anything stupid at the expense of everyone else's functionality and ability to take interesting flights within regulations like flying up the side of a mountain and over it's top even if that mountain is over 500m high. Can't do that now with the new firmware. The no fly zones are next, after that, who knows?
Hi, you mention 500 meters? im restricted to 400 feet? im in UK

i updated everything and all works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl