Should i cancel?

Reaction score
Im on the fence.
I wanted a Phanton 2 Vision + since they came out. Almost pulled the trigger, then preordered a P3.
I still want the P3 pretty bad, but the $ is a little hard to justify.
I am +- 1200 in P3A+ battery shipping priority.

One part of me wants to cancel and regain that $, but another part of me wants this awesome camera quad.
HALP!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gearie
Im on the fence.
I wanted a Phanton 2 Vision + since they came out. Almost pulled the trigger, then preordered a P3.
I still want the P3 pretty bad, but the $ is a little hard to justify.
I am +- 1200 in P3A+ battery shipping priority.

One part of me wants to cancel and regain that $, but another part of me wants this awesome camera quad.
HALP!
My 2 cents, if you're worried about the $ at this point in the game, it only gets more expensive. The hobby isn't cheap by any stretch. As an owner of both birds, I can tell you that the P3 is worth every penny over what you can pick up a V+ for now.

I agree with the above statements. The cost only goes up from the start. Then when you try to recoup any of your $ latter by trying to sell you'll lose your a$$.

If money is tight but you really want to get in on the fun, you can pick a a really loaded P2V or P2V+ with mods, batteries, and a case for what just the P3 advanced costs.... Not to mention only being able to get 1 battery for the P3 for who knows how long! Man, how frustrating that must be!

Yep, I vote cancel....

P2V+ is not even in the same league as a P3. Lightbridge is basically a requirement from now on. Anything less is garbage. Not only that, pretty much anyone can fly a p3, a p2v+ is not even close to the stability and accuracy. But if $1000 is too much for you to shell out on a toy, then find another hobby...

Reactions: Gearie
P2V+ is not even in the same league as a P3. Lightbridge is basically a requirement from now on. Anything less is garbage. Not only that, pretty much anyone can fly a p3, a p2v+ is not even close to the stability and accuracy. But if $1000 is too much for you to shell out on a toy, then find another hobby...
Lol! I have to respectfully disagree but you're entitled to your opinion no matter how silly it is.
"anything less is garbage" lol! I admire your passion!!
Glad $1000 isn't much for some but many of us would disagree but like they say "a fool and his money are soon parted"

Let's do the math real quick here. Taking into consideration of being on a budget now. If money is no object than this will be irrelevant of course.
P3P with extra battery= $1359 Now, who only has 2 batteries?? Need to add one more! Another $130. Now you need something to carry it in back and forth to where ever you fly, right? Let's go conservative at $180 for a case. We're up to $1669 and that's assuming you don't have to pay tax or shipping!
Now let's look at what a "junker" can be picked up for. Right now you can find several pieces of "garbage" right here in the classified section WITH 3/4 batteries and a case for under $900. Even a few "garbage" deals for $500!!
If you want the best there is right now and $ is not a concern then by all means SPEND away! Now, if you would like to get into the hobby (which isn't only for the rich) than a used P2V or P2V+ is a great bargain!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomPhreak
A P3A is $1100 delivered! A backpack case is $45! Not sure why you need a $180 case! Two batteries is enough! So for $1145 you get the latest and greatest. I have a P2V+ and just got the P3P and the P3 is in a different league!

Reactions: bbfpv
Okay.... Guess I just see it differently. I just picked up a second P2V+ for a great price. I will be picking up the p3p as soon as the early adopters finish the beta testing for me and I can get more than 1 battery. I have 6 for my P2V+ and still would like to have a few more. But that's just my opinion.
2 P2V+'s for the cost of 1 p3......no brainier as far as I'm concerned.
The $45 backpack is great unless you want to travel with it.

I would say if money is a concern Its your business. But sounds like you should cancel and buy a product within your budget. It only escalates from there and more money will be spent than you can afford. Good luck buddy.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I would say if money is a concern Its your business. But sounds like you should cancel and buy a product within your budget. It only escalates from there and more money will be spent than you can afford. Good luck buddy.

Just curious, what other things will be needed that more money should be spent on the P3?

Just curious, what other things will be needed that more money should be spent on the P3?
At least 2 more batteries @ $140 each, to start :)
Potentially more props depending on how good you are at flying/landing.
Probably a hard case so the quad isn't bouncing around your back seat on the way to the field.
And then, more batteries @ $140 each :)

Probably a hard case so the quad isn't bouncing around your back seat on the way to the field.

Ah got it. I know in the past people spent lots of time and money with FPV stuff, like the iosd, monitor, antennas, etc. on top of the usual accessories. With all the features already built into the P3 do you think there will be less money spent overall?

At least some one agrees with me that 2 batteries isn't enough!! LOL!!:cool:

Reactions: bbfpv
Ah got it. I know in the past people spent lots of time and money with FPV stuff, like the iosd, monitor, antennas, etc. on top of the usual accessories. With all the features already built into the P3 do you think there will be less money spent overall?
Depends on you. I don't plan on doing any antenna mods because I have no intention of going past the limits of the stock setup.

At least some one agrees with me that 2 batteries isn't enough!! LOL!!:cool:
IMO 10 batteries for the P3 would be perfect.... can fly for the same amount of time as it takes to play a regular round of 18 holes and my wife never bitched when I was playing golf, so it works out, right?

IMO 10 batteries for the P3 would be perfect.... can fly for the same amount of time as it takes to play a regular round of 18 holes and my wife never bitched when I was playing golf, so it works out, right?

Sounds about right, I have six and 4 more would be JUST right!

Let’s not forget about a tracking device too. Not a necessity but HIGHLY recommended! I have a Flytrex live 3g on both of my birds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.