Should I buy the p3 standard or the p3 pro

Reaction score
Hi I'm wandering if for a beginner filmmaker is best to buy the p3 standard or the pro. Y don't kare that much about the 4k. I Mena the 4k to me is a plus not a nesesity yet.

Reactions: dirkclod
P3S to possibly learn to fly but for just a bit more you can move up to the P3A and get a LOT more aircraft and features. IMHO the P3A is the most bang for your buck.

Not much to compare between those 2 birds except they both go up in the air
what's your price range?

Pro, or has been suggested Advanced, over standard model. Pro and advanced has a significantly greater range and FPV downlink reliability.

You probably won't find much of a price difference between pro and advanced.
Right after Christmas when DJI was still selling both, they dropped the price of the pro to be the same as advanced. I didn't understand that one.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

I started with the standard but quickly moved to the Advanced. Why? The standard had the single aerial which meant that the picture on my iPad screen could sometimes break-up a little. No issues with the advanced. I did actually upgrade the aerial on the Standard but, again, opted for the advanced. If you like drones then you're at least set to move forward with the advanced.

Another way to look at it would be to buy the cheapest Phantom 3 you can find to see if you get along with drone flight. After that you could save, making a bigger step, towards a magical Phantom 4.

You need to try and narrow it down to what you plan on using it for. As others have said, the P3A and P3P goes further than the P3S, but maybe the P3S is good enough for your needs?

It suits me just fine, and I didn't see many other features on the more advanced (AND MORE EXPENSIVE) P3 models that warranted spending the extra money.

I love my P3S, and I'm planning on getting the Mavic next.

I'm not a professional, but to my untrained eye the P3S takes pretty great photos and video. Especially considering the price. You buy a camera and DJI throws in a drone!

If you want to get into the higher end, the P4 is worth a hard look. I went to a P4 from a P3S, it was well worth it. Even better shooting, fun gadgets and a superior control system.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl