Should i buy Dji Phantom 3 Standard?

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying a Phantom 3 Standard. I have read several posts about how the range is pretty bad, and people are having problems with the firmware.

My question is, are these issues fixed, and does the drone work like it should?

Thank you in advance for answers.

Last edited:
My standard is brilliant and never had issues. I did the magic power install before first flight but am get out to 800 before my bottle breaks lol
I bought the standard first as I am not all that interested in mega range, yet anyway. In short they are ideal for beginner i.e. No experience as you will be to busy learning to fly near by

My Standard has been great too. So far no issues at all. I have never had it out of VLOS so have not tested its range. You can apparently extend the range with a cheap windsurfer but haven't tried yet. I have not had any FPV lag but as I said have never been out of LOS. It's a great entry drone to learn on.

My standard is also great, no issues and great footage. Can get out to about 600m and then I lose signal and before you know it, I'm watching it fly back and land

I've never had any problem with the firmware on mine. Range is heavily dependent on WIFI interference, personally I've never felt it was too short. I fly VLOS and have never lost signal as such. I think it's an amazing bird for the price, not sure anything else even comes close.

I also have a P3Standard. Even though I don't get the range out of it that my P3Pro gets, I still love to fly it. Just 10 minutes ago I did a suggested Firmware update. It took all but 10 minutes to complete successfully. My range is around 1,000 feet in open country, and about 2,000 feet with a cheap Windsurfer mod on the antenna. Others get a lot more range than I do. I don't know what the difference is. But other than the limited range, it has been flawless for the year that I have had it.

If i understand it right, the max range here in Norway is 500meters. Should i still buy a Windsurfer?

The Windsurfer costs only about $10.00 US, and just snaps on and off. I have one for my Standard, but rarely use it. They are pretty directional. In other words, you have to keep the antenna facing the drone at all times. Sometimes that's hard to do when the drone is out of sight. If you have the money and think you might want longer range, then step up to something with more range. Otherwise, the Standard is a great drone to learn on.

Good drone. Android has times it will drop the app. I don't lose control. I just reconnect. I mainly use my IPad. No problems. Distance is less in city. I live in the country and a mile is no problem. Pay more you get more. Standard fits my wallet for now.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel