Should i buy a Phantom 3 SE or a Refurbished Phantom 4??

Reaction score
ive been contemplating on whether to buy a Phantom 3 SE which runs for about $479 US or should I buy a refurbished Phantom 4 which runs for about $699 US?

That’s a tough question. It depends on what do you intent to do with it. I, personally, don’t like refurbished stuff. Some people love them. I have a phantom 3 SE and am very happy with it, but I only fly for fun as a hobby.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
That’s a tough question. It depends on what do you intent to do with it. I, personally, don’t like refurbished stuff. Some people love them. I have a phantom 3 SE and am very happy with it, but I only fly for fun as a hobby.
I only intend on flying for fun so thanks.

I only intend on flying for fun so thanks.
The upside of refurbished is the the unit was actually checked-out by a human.

If you're just in it for fun and would like to save some money, I think you will be happy with the SE. If, however, you're aspiring to become one of those long distance pilots, the SE will grow old very fast.

Reactions: Phill2
The upside of refurbished is the the unit was actually checked-out by a human.

If you're just in it for fun and would like to save some money, I think you will be happy with the SE. If, however, you're aspiring to become one of those long distance pilots, the SE will grow old very fast.

Drones are like boats and bikes.
Once you have one you'll wish you'd bought a bigger one.
Get the 4 and cut out the wanting.

Drones are like boats and bikes.
Once you have one you'll wish you'd bought a bigger one.
Get the 4 and cut out the wanting.
I would politely disagree. I can afford the P4 Pro but went with the P3S. I also have a P3 Pro for commercial work down the road, however, my weekend joy rides are in my P3 Standard.

I would politely disagree. I can afford the P4 Pro but went with the P3S. I also have a P3 Pro for commercial work down the road, however, my weekend joy rides are in my P3 Standard.

Each to their own opinion.
I have 2 P3Ps that I'm very happy with but were it not for the fact that I have em set up how I want and have accessories that won't fit a P4 I would upgrade to a P4P esp now that the V2 has been released.
We should see P4 prices falling soon.
I bought my second P3P for half retail when the 4 was released.

I'd personally buy the P4 for the following reasons:
  • The quality of the drone & remote controller are higher
  • It comes with a better remote controller with more functions (like dedicated buttons to take a photo, shoot video, and enable RTH)
  • It doesn't use Wi-Fi
  • Longer range
  • Props lock onto the motors (instead of screwing on to tighten them)
  • Refurbished Phantoms comes with the same 1-year warranty as new Phantoms (if you purchase from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer)

I bought a PH2 V+ a few months ago. My first drone and what a great experience. Looking to buy another so have been doing lots of reading and research. The PH 2 is no longer supported, but mine flies great. Only problem is DJI quit selling batteries, so aftermarket seems to be the only way. Of course lots of comments on the aftermarket batteries, but what are we to do when DJI no longer sells them. Since they seem to be pushing the PH 4, I would consider how long the batteries and accessories will be available down the road and it's affect on resale.
I face the same issue, but leaning towards the PH4.

I'd personally buy the P4 for the following reasons:
  • The quality of the drone & remote controller are higher
  • It comes with a better remote controller with more functions (like dedicated buttons to take a photo, shoot video, and enable RTH)
  • It doesn't use Wi-Fi
  • Longer range
  • Props lock onto the motors (instead of screwing on to tighten them)
  • Refurbished Phantoms comes with the same 1-year warranty as new Phantoms (if you purchase from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer)
Can confirm! My 3SE is on the bottom of the ocean unfortunately and now owning a Phantom 4 this is a big improvement. The 3SE is a very nice drone, but if you can choose between the two with a minimum price difference I'd go for the Phantom 4!

Reactions: chatikib

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj