Sharper in video than photo?

Reaction score
Just took my new P3 Pro for its first flight today. I have flown both a P1 & P2 before with a hero 3 black camera. In the past I have only shot video at 1080p 50fps and take screenshots if I wanted a still. So I was looking forward to much more creative control with the Phantom 3 Pro. It was getting on in the day by the time I took off so knew the shots/video would not be their best. The stills were iso 400 at 1/40th. And the video 1080p 25fps and shutter about 1/50. Iso between 100 to 400/800. The video overall looks good and better at handling the low light than my hero 3. But the stills seemed fairly sharp apart from near the centre. The middle bungalows on the photo seem particularly soft. But seem far better on the video. Any idea why that might be? Of course until I do some more extensive filming/photos in better light its a bit too early to judge. The stills were just jpegs with the default settings. I did adjust the levels in photoshop and do a little unsharp filtering in the uploaded shot. What are the best settings for the P3 Pro to get the best out of the photos?
cheers

Attachments

• cross road.jpg
    cross road.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 324

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member