Shaky flight, jerky video with P4A+

Reaction score
My P4A+ won't fly smoothly. In forward flight it pitches rhythmically up and down, and it's worse the faster it goes. Also the gimbal is jerky from left to right even in hover. These problems make unstable, shaky videos. There is no vibration from the props. It's something else going on. I've posted about this before but got no help other than suggesting I check prop balance. What could the trouble be?

UPDATE Jun 14, 2019: Replaced it under DJI Care Refresh, See below for more details.

Last edited:
I have a P3 Standard that does that. It just started after not using it for awhile, it use to fly smooth. I think it has something to do with a bad GPS signal or something in the quad board itself. I know, not much help, but maybe try starting and shutting down the controller and drone several times to kick it into starting? Just a thought.

My P4A+ won't fly smoothly. In forward flight it pitches rhythmically up and down, and it's worse the faster it goes. Also the gimbal is jerky from left to right even in hover. These problems make unstable, shaky videos. There is no vibration from the props. It's something else going on. I've posted about this before but got no help other than suggesting I check prop balance. What could the trouble be?
Have you tryed imu calibration

Reboot the app.
The app is rebooted every time I power up the remote controller. I have the plus model with built-in screen that runs the app. Rebooting has no effect on the problems. They have been occurring over months of time and dozens of flights. I'm sending the drone back to DJI for repair or replacement under the DJI Care Refresh service agreement.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
UPDATE: I sent the drone to DJI Repair and they found signs of water damage and corrosion to some of the circuit boards inside. Since I have DJI Care Refresh Extended (covering the second year after purchase) I opted to replace the aircraft for $99, and they pay the shipping both ways.

I don't know why there would be water damage, because it never was immersed in water. I never flew in rain, but maybe did fly in fog once. Anyway, I'm very glad I could replace it for $99, and DJI Repair was very fast. It shipped out Monday night from Nor Cal, they got it Wednesday, had it assessed by Thursday and hopefully are shipping the replacement back to me today, Friday.

I highly recommend buying DJI Care Refresh whenever you get a new drone. I have replaced mine twice for $99 each time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl