Reaction score
DJI GO app displays compass error. "Excessive electromagnetic readings" Re-calibrate, Power cycle, if anomaly persists, call DJI for a solution. After a closer look I realized I had severed the compass wire with the leg clip while upgrading to the extended landing gear earlier that day. (Tight area and I was not careful enough.) So, compass ordered, (Cheaper if you get the gear attached)!? But I'm still grounded. Any chance I could just solder these wires together, seal them with a liquid black tape and be on my way? Or is there something special about these wire harnesses that I am not aware of? Hate to put her up and find out the hard way. Anyone ever tried? (Great opportunity to get inside the cover though. Not as tough as I thought!)

Carefully cut back the outer-sheath of the compass cable, to see if the cable is "screened", if it is make sure that the screen is kept intact, If you can individually solder and insulate the cables all the better. I have never cut open the compass cable, but I rather doubt it will be anything special, ( It's not compensating cable after all ), I'd just apply common sense when insulating your joints.
Regards
Waylander

DJI GO app displays compass error. "Excessive electromagnetic readings" Re-calibrate, Power cycle, if anomaly persists, call DJI for a solution. After a closer look I realized I had severed the compass wire with the leg clip while upgrading to the extended landing gear earlier that day. (Tight area and I was not careful enough.) So, compass ordered, (Cheaper if you get the gear attached)!? But I'm still grounded. Any chance I could just solder these wires together, seal them with a liquid black tape and be on my way? Or is there something special about these wire harnesses that I am not aware of? Hate to put her up and find out the hard way. Anyone ever tried? (Great opportunity to get inside the cover though. Not as tough as I thought!)
The compass "wire" is actually FOUR wires...if you cut a single wire, that's an antenna cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.