Severe Video Lag on iPad Mini 2

Reaction score
Brand new iPad Mini 2 32gb wifi latest iOS version.

Phantom 3A latest firmware.

About 3-5 second lag. Very choppy. First ever flight. Kept it on beginner mode and was afraid to take it out of sight because of the lag.

Anyone have similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a different device. Try a different cable. Try a different location.

Same problem with Ipad 2 16gb wifi
thanks for the info I will try to do a test

Same problem with Ipad 2 16gb wifi
thanks for the info I will try to do a test
the same place the same problem :(, I'll do more tests in another place
The iPad 2 isn't supported. It has the A5 chip. The A7 processor or better is required to have smooth video playback. If you meant to say iPad 2 Mini, which has the A7 processor, then I'd recommend uninstalling the app completely and reinstalling. It worked for me for some reason on the DJI Inspire with the same problem. If you do still have an iPad 2, throw that thing in the garbage and upgrade! ;)

Reactions: Mayer74
Does this need to be on or off if I have the lag issue? I have an iPad mini 2 with terrible lag even with airplane mode on...
Turning it on enables it. But it's hit or miss irt whether it'll help. Heat has a lot to do w/ lag, so if you're flying in a hot area of the planet, or have your device in a case, expect more lag than someone who's not and/or doesn't.

only way I fixed it was doing the channel hack to get my 32 channels back. been working fine every since.

Try a different device. Try a different cable. Try a different location.
First got Phantom with older Firmware (2 months ago); no issues with iPad Mini and pixelation, etc. Upgraded then pixelation, now with latest upgrade, pixelation is much worse (Update 1.4.001). Don't now if the "light" processor is the issue on the iPad Mini (512mb) combined with their "new" Firmware updates. Most androids have at least 1 GB. I connected my Samsung S5 to RC and ALL issues were fixed (2GB RAM) - No Pixelation or freezes!! Hopefully they will get it together with Apple!!

Brand new iPad Mini 2 32gb wifi latest iOS version.

Phantom 3A latest firmware.

About 3-5 second lag. Very choppy. First ever flight. Kept it on beginner mode and was afraid to take it out of sight because of the lag.

Anyone have similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same problem with my iPad mini 2 so much lag it wasn't possible to fly the phantom out of site so after reading a lot of comments on here I decided that it must be the new apple update to iOS 9. So I've just downgraded to iOS 8.4.1 will let you know how it works once I've had chance to fly it tomorrow.

I had the same problem with my iPad mini 2 so much lag it wasn't possible to fly the phantom out of site so after reading a lot of comments on here I decided that it must be the new apple update to iOS 9. So I've just downgraded to iOS 8.4.1 will let you know how it works once I've had chance to fly it tomorrow.
I first used my iphone 6... did great... went ahead and got an ipad mini 2 32 gb as recommended by many of the pilots. I thought it worked for on flight, but now I get
horrid pixilation and freezing... then I put my cellphone back on and works great.
Not sure what the problem is...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic