Setting up the Futaba T8FGS (or 14SG) with the P2

Re: Setting up the Futaba T8FGS with the P2

Alittle OT but can someone post some links to video using Ianwood profile or a variation of it. Curious to see what result people are getting.

Thanks

Opps I think I just bought a T8FG. Crazy Mouse!

extrememc said:
Alittle OT but can someone post some links to video using Ianwood profile or a variation of it. Curious to see what result people are getting.

Not OT at all. First page of this thread:

Or my latest one:

You can see there is almost no post stabilization being used except in maybe 3 shots. Unfortunately, there is no setting on the Futaba to eliminate Phantom Butt Wiggle.

extrememc said:
Opps I think I just bought a T8FG. Crazy Mouse!

I've been having this problem a lot lately too!

Ianwood I watched your race track video and I can clearly see the difference. Question in that video when you panned was that with the stick or another control you set in the radio?

Can you switch profile in mid flight?

ianwood said:
Or my latest one:

You can see there is almost no post stabilization being used except in maybe 3 shots. Unfortunately, there is no setting on the Futaba to eliminate Phantom Butt Wiggle.

That video could use a little yellow ;)

extrememc said:

You can change settings using the switches but I would not recommend switching profiles mid-flight. Land, shut down, switch profiles, check switch positions as their assignment will have changed, take off again. Better to get one profile set up for everything you need than switch.

ianwood said:
extrememc said:

You can change settings using the switches but I would not recommend switching profiles mid-flight. Land, shut down, switch profiles, check switch positions as their assignment will have changed, take off again. Better to get one profile set up for everything you need than switch.

I would suggest using just one profile per aircraft. I prefer ianwoods profile (as my base profile). Then learn the T8FGS and tweek the settings to your liking. The great thing about this radio is that you can customize it till your hearts content. :)

First of all, ianwood, thank you man! :p Wouldnt get my 8FG if it wasnt for you man. I now have some question for you. My 8FG came with an R6208SB receiver. Although flying a phantom 2, i feel safer using the futaba rx...so:

1) Should i set an S.BUS Servo Channel on the R6208SB? There is short plug included that i suppose to use during this. :?
manual: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6208sb-manual.pdf

2) Do i need the extra futaba antenna extenders in order to reach the 1km range of the stock DJI tx? I ve put too much effort building a good fpv system, not willing to sacrifise radio range! :evil:

Considering the 8FG profile, is it possible to do naza remote gain tuning through the volume knobs? :?:

Thanks in advance!

Rallyeman said:
First of all, ianwood, thank you man! :p Wouldnt get my 8FG if it wasnt for you man. I now have some question for you. My 8FG came with an R6208SB receiver. Although flying a phantom 2, i feel safer using the futaba rx...so:

1) Should i set an S.BUS Servo Channel on the R6208SB? There is short plug included that i suppose to use during this. :?
manual: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/r6208sb-manual.pdf

2) Do i need the extra futaba antenna extenders in order to reach the 1km range of the stock DJI tx? I ve put too much effort building a good fpv system, not willing to sacrifise radio range! :evil:

Considering the 8FG profile, is it possible to do naza remote gain tuning through the volume knobs? :?:

Thanks in advance!

Same thing here! I wouldn't have gotten the T8FGS if it weren't for this thread. Would have had no clue how to set it up!

I also got the receiver with my radio but decided to leave the stock P2 Rx in after reading about range issues with the R6208SB. I've been flying with the stock P2 Rx now for about three weeks with no issues. BTW.. the P2 Rx is a dual antenna diversity made by Futaba. ;) I figured if it ain't broke, why fix it. ;)

Can someone tell me how to reverse the gimbal slide knob on the futaba? Pulling it towards myself i want the gimbal to look down! Can i also slower it? Also, my SB switch doesnt seem to work.. Why so?

Rallyeman, go to "linkage menu" (double click the top "LNK" button), then go to "Reverse" and select the channel you want to reverse.

Regarding the switch, do you have a channel assigned to it?

SB should work. Check in the servo menu that it is causing the same channel as the gimbal dial to change value. If it's not, make sure you have the right profile.

Would it be possible to set one of the dials to YAW left or right? My thinking is if I was filming a object that is running parallel to me I can hover in the center and use the dial to yaw/pan. Just curious. If this isn't practical please say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicerk52 said:
Rallyeman, go to "linkage menu" (double click the top "LNK" button), then go to "Reverse" and select the channel you want to reverse.

Regarding the switch, do you have a channel assigned to it?
Thanks i managed to get it reversed but i had to also reverce the SB switch! :ugeek:

ianwood said:
SB should work. Check in the servo menu that it is causing the same channel as the gimbal dial to change value. If it's not, make sure you have the right profile.

Ianwood it is working actually, but cant tell how.. I mean in looks like it makes a slow tilt, but it depends on where is my RS slide at the time.. :? On servo menu i can see my RS slide moving the bar of the 5ch and the SB switch slowly moving the bar of the 8th channel. How is this suppose to work anyway? I would like the SB to perform a slow tilt down/up (first position 45degrees, second 90) .. I can make it do a slo tilt only if my RS knob is on a certain position, and if a leave the SB switch on the middle it will mess with my tilting range on the RS slide... Daaah if that doesnt make sense i can upload a video. :) :?

Also, my RS knob is very very fast! How can i make it smoother/ slower? :oops:

extrememc said:
Would it be possible to set one of the dials to YAW left or right? My thinking is if I was filming a object that is running parallel to me I can hover in the center and use the dial to yaw/pan. Just curious. If this isn't practical please say so.

Continuous yaw on one of the dials is an interesting idea and very easy to do. LINK > FUNCTION > RUDDER - TRIM set to LD or RD. Just be careful that you keep LD set to the middle when you don't intend to use it otherwise you will be yaw city. I'm going to try this and see if it helps with long slow tracking shots that you can trim with elevator and aileron. UPDATE: Works really well! Good idea. Keeping that one!

Rallyeman said:
Also, my RS knob is very very fast! How can i make it smoother/ slower? :oops:

No way to slow down RS unless you cut it's range. SB is best for slow and steady movement. And to be clear on SB and RS, they work together to position the gimbal. When using SB, it is easiest to put RS in the middle so SB gets full range. You can still use RS for fast adjustments with SB in any position.

Continuous yaw on one of the dials is an interesting idea and very easy to do. LINK > FUNCTION > RUDDER - TRIM set to LD or RD. Just be careful that you keep LD set to the middle when you don't intend to use it otherwise you will be yaw city. I'm going to try this and see if it helps with long slow tracking shots that you can trim with elevator and aileron. UPDATE: Works really well! Good idea. Keeping that one![/quote]

I am glad it worked. Does it give you 360 degrees or 180? Now I won't have my radio till next week. I plan to install your original profile. Can you post a sperate profile with the knob feature add please.

ianwood said:
No way to slow down RS unless you cut it's range. SB is best for slow and steady movement. And to be clear on SB and RS, they work together to position the gimbal. When using SB, it is easiest to put RS in the middle so SB gets full range. You can still use RS for fast adjustments with SB in any position.

Ok i reinstalled your profile just in case.. Problem: I cannot get full range motion through the RS switch, no matter where the SB is. More speficaly, when SB is in top position, RS knob gives me a range of 75-90 degrees (where 0 is looking forward an0 is facing down). With SB at middle position , RS knob gives me a range of 45-90 degrees. Finally with SB switch on lower position, the RS knob lets me tilt from zero (lookinf straight forward) to 45 degrees! Is there a way to get full motion ? Like 0-90? :roll:

Also, can you implement this? I'd love to have the SC switch working exactly like SB but with other in/out motor values.. :D
hsestes said:
I am curious, if you could also program another switch like SB but have it tilt faster than the current SB switch. I like the smooth tilts, but think it could be too slow for some action shots. Could SE or SG be programmed like SB but faster?

So SB for slow gimbal, SE for faster gimbal movements?

Continuous yaw on one of the dials is an interesting idea and very easy to do. LINK > FUNCTION > RUDDER - TRIM set to LD or RD. Just be careful that you keep LD set to the middle when you don't intend to use it otherwise you will be yaw city. I'm going to try this and see if it helps with long slow tracking shots that you can trim with elevator and aileron. UPDATE: Works really well! Good idea. Keeping that one!

Ian, are you going to update the profile?

Thanks!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West