Setting Max Altitude

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 99081

Forgive the newbie question. It's about setting maximum altitude for the Phantom 4 Advanced in the DJI Go 4 app, for RTH and general max alt.

Is it calculated from the take off point, or from sea level? My home is on a hill and many of the places I will be flying from are high above sea level (cliffs and mountains, for example). I don't want to set a max altitude that could cause the Phantom to lose altitude, if flown off a cliff when returning to home.

Sounds like a "duh" question, I know, but I thought it was better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks,

Stephen

Last edited by a moderator:
Your altitude is set from your take off point. If you launch from say 500 ft above sea level and your RTH altitude is set at 200 ft then you wil RTH at 700 ft above sea level, and 200 ft above launch point.
If you are already above your RTH altitude it will return at this higher altitude, it will not descend to your RTH altitude.
If you are below your RTH altitude then it will rise vertically to your preset altitude and return at this level.
The actual altitude is not 100% accurate so make some allowances, ie allow plenty of clearance above trees buildings etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl