Sensor Error -- Please Help

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for a similar problem and haven't found this exact issue. Every time I turn on my Phantom 3 I get a "Sensor Error, please restart the aircraft" at the top of the DJI Go app. If I check the status screen, everything says normal. If I pull the sticks in/down to attempt to start the motors, I get a "IMU Initiating" message in the DJI Go app. The IMU never initiates. If I check the IMU it doesn't need to be calibrated. If I calibrate the IMU and restart, same problem. If I calibrate the compass and restart, same problem. However, if I pick up the quad and move it about 6 inches to 1 foot in any direction, sometimes it will let me start the motors and take off. Once in the air I haven't experienced any issues, no drift, no fly aways, etc.

I have this problem whether I am at the local baseball field, my back yard, at the lake or in an open field.

I currently have the latest firmware. I have tried every firmware from 1.06.08 to 1.07.94 to 1.09.02.

Anybody else experienced anything like this?

Mine did this as well for the first time yesterday,I would say within 5 seconds the message disappeared and I was good to go.
I decided to do a imu calibration just in case that was the issue,and I have never done one since owning it,again this is the first time I have seen this particular message,very vague! Sensor error? What particular sensor? I should also note that I was taking off from a spot I have many times in the past.
As a side note after owning this quad for a month I can say I love it BUT I have come to the conclusion it’s a very sensitive piece of equipment! I’ll get random errors one day and none the next all in the same location? My point is I feel a lot of theses error messages can be attributed to this being a very precise model simple as that! And prone to outside influences. Just my 2 cents

Not recently, and I have tried almost every firmware I could get my hands on. I've also recently tried taking it apart and tapping on the accelerometer. No luck. It still blinks red, yellow, green with the beeps.

IMU shows normal, numbers look good, gyro is normal, numbers good.

Any ideas?

As a side note after owning this quad for a month I can say I love it BUT I have come to the conclusion it’s a very sensitive piece of equipment! I’ll get random errors one day and none the next all in the same location?

I would agree that it's a sensitive piece of hardware but, it's not intended to be so sensitive that you can't fly it. I've owned a P3S for well over a year. It's an amazing and well proven piece of hardware, and I only get an error message if some thing isn't right with the craft or with the conditions. If you've ruled out all logical possibilities, then there may be an issue with the Phantom. It happens occasionally. You may want to consider returning it/exchanging it for a new one. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic