Seneca Rocks, WV.

Reaction score
This was a place I wanted to film for a while. I don't post every video I do for good reason. LOL This one, I loved flying and I think you may enjoy it. We had an earlier post about this place, but no one ever showed a video on it. I can't film it in 4K, my computer would choke. My computer is jerky in editing and there isn't much I can do about it right now. It has it's glitches, but please look past that. Try to feel and enjoy the place.

Last edited:
What are you using to edit with? If you’re using Final Cut Pro, you can import your videos as proxy or optimized, which can significantly help underpowered computers edit high quality video :)

What are you using to edit with? If you’re using Final Cut Pro, you can import your videos as proxy or optimized, which can significantly help underpowered computers edit high quality video :)
I'm not too bright with computers. I will have to try to figure out what you are talking about. Mine was doing ok with 2.7K , then every video started getting jerky. I have Adobe premier.

Very beautiful location. It reminds me of the Penicales here in Missouri. I wanted to make a video, but they have a sign that says Drone no fly zone ordered by FAA. I like your camera work.

Very beautiful location. It reminds me of the Penicales here in Missouri. I wanted to make a video, but they have a sign that says Drone no fly zone ordered by FAA. I like your camera work.
This is a national recreational site. They allow you to fly here. They are very nice people and I try to respect them for their kindness.

I'm not too bright with computers. I will have to try to figure out what you are talking about. Mine was doing ok with 2.7K , then every video started getting jerky. I have Adobe premier.

I'm not a Adobe Premiere user, however I've heard that you can do something similar with it. In fact, here is a link Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that says:

Create Proxies
Use this option to create and attach proxies to the media. For example, this option is used to create lower-resolution clips for increased performance during editing, which can be switched back to the original full resolution files for final output. The file path where the proxies are generated is specified by the Proxy Destination option in the settings, and the format is specified by the chosen preset. After proxies have been generated, they are automatically attached to the clips in the project.

Yes great views and location,looks green and lush,,,I would love to sit on top of that rock for lunch,thanks for sharing

Yes great views and location,looks green and lush,,,I would love to sit on top of that rock for lunch,thanks for sharing
I have a few times. I was a scout leader for 12 years and hiked the boys all over this area.
20 miles west of here, they get twice the rain. This is the dry part of the state. The mountain behind the rock is North Fork Mountain. There is no source of water up there. This rock strata was once a giant arch going to the top of that mountain. The top of that mountain and down the back side is solid rock with very little soil. There are no springs. It’s beautiful up there though. Trees still grow well there. Flowering moss grows over the rocks and hangs over the cliffs.
Come and visit, I show you things tourist never see. I’ll take you in caves few people even know exist. Show you the largest movable radio telescopes in an area where cell phones, computers and any radio transmitting devices are forbidden. People live like they are in the 50’ and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Good JOB Rootman I have been wanting to go there just for the ride but never maid it. And i did like the video nice job.
I thought you would have been there by now. It would make a good ride. Some really nice roads for biking. Some good places to stop and check out and they have a campground nearby. Go south from there and visit the highest point in the state. It's a paved road to the top. Then there is Green Banks radio telescopes. It has a really great free science center. There is a small fee to get the tour of the worlds largest movable radio telescope. 10 miles further to the Cass railroad, then to the top of the mountain to Snow shoe. Great biking country.

Me and the wife came up through there on our way home from Virginia in October and I did get some good shots from a couple of civil war sits and I wanted to stop then but it was getting late in the day. We will be back down that way. I didn't know that the rocks was that big. So yep I see a road trip in the future. We did go to the highest point but you have to walk to get there and the wife has some health problems and cant walk too far but we are working on it.

Me and the wife came up through there on our way home from Virginia in October and I did get some good shots from a couple of civil war sits and I wanted to stop then but it was getting late in the day. We will be back down that way. I didn't know that the rocks was that big. So yep I see a road trip in the future. We did go to the highest point but you have to walk to get there and the wife has some health problems and cant walk too far but we are working on it.
If she likes riding horses, you can ride to the top on the left side and walk out on top of the rock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT