Selling on ebay, can you include pics/video or against FAA?

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'll be putting my Phantom 2 Vision+ up on eBay in the next week or two. In the listing I was going to include pics/links to videos I have done (all non-commercial) but I as wondering if you thought this was against FAA guidelines.

Would that count as commercial? I'm not really making money, I'm selling at a loss. Not sure how it differs from, say, DJI, who has pics/videos on their site and they are selling them.

Thoughts?

You do realize that if ya put links on there to your stuff you are opening the door to a whole lot more folks right ?
Just saying . :)

You aren't selling the pictures or videos.
I'm not saying that the FAA would go against the OP, however this statement is incorrect. The OP would be using the video and photos to sell something. The same as YouTube generating money _from_ video. They are not selling the video either.

But it's a stretch to say that the video is being used to sell something, it's more like an example of something.

Thanks for the input! It makes sense,Claws, that I'm not selling the footage.

Dirkclod, I hear what you are saying, but it's stuff that's already public on YouTube, like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you think there may still be a problem?

One quick follow-up... I couldn't find many ended auctions similar to mine. I was wondering what you thought I should expect to get for mine...

It's a Phantom 2 Vision + Version 2, in addition to the copter and controller it comes with THREE batteries, TWO chargers, prop guards, smartphone hood, petal lens hood, a few extra blades, 32GB storage card, USB card reader, all original box/manuals, etc...

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think this will be a problem either. DJI does this every time they announce a new product. And, the FAA has not hassled them yet.

One quick follow-up... I couldn't find many ended auctions similar to mine. I was wondering what you thought I should expect to get for mine...

It's a Phantom 2 Vision + Version 2, in addition to the copter and controller it comes with THREE batteries, TWO chargers, prop guards, smartphone hood, petal lens hood, a few extra blades, 32GB storage card, USB card reader, all original box/manuals, etc...

Thanks!
Do it in an auction..
I would take what the least amount you would take for it and add 12 1/2% for the fee's ya gonna have to pay and start it at that and see how it goes . Of course ya got to figure in shipping too or just list it as they pay shipping .
You can't always get what ya want but if ya try sometime..ya get what ya need ;) EC-Logo.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers