Self-Unlocking Authorization Zone (Blue)

Reaction score
Hi
I have logged into the DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography site to request an unlocking code.
I choose a my P4P, Area in the World, and enter the address of location so an arrow shows on the map. Below the map, is the SELECT A ZONE TO UNLOCK field, and it says in red "Click on the pin to select an area to unlock" , however, nothing happens. I have confirmed I am logged in with my DJI account. I have entered my flight Controller number and the dates, but nothing seems to happen in the SELECT A ZONE TO UNLOCK field.

I am not sure what I doing incorrectly, or what my next step is.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a work around? I would like to figure this out.
Thanks
Dal

It would help if you gave the actual location, so someone can see what type of airspace you are referring to and to see if a TFR or NOTEM has been issued to prevent a standard unlock procedure.

It would help if you gave the actual location, so someone can see what type of airspace you are referring to and to see if a TFR or NOTEM has been issued to prevent a standard unlock procedure.
Thanks for the interest.
The location is Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. There is an uncontrolled airport so it has both a blue and yellow circle around the airport.
Cheers
Dal

I had a similar issue last year. The thing that fixed it for me was (believe it or not) updating to the latest firmware and latest version of the no fly list. Then the self unlocking dialogue worked as expected. Maybe that could help your situation as well.

Reactions: MTO
Thanks for the interest.
The location is Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. There is an uncontrolled airport so it has both a blue and yellow circle around the airport.
Cheers
Dal

From what I have read, Canada is much more restrictive now days than the US, so I'm not sure what personal requirements are necessary to fly in Canada since the new laws have come into effect. So you may have to check with your local ATC or governing body to get clearence.

This may help

From what I have read, Canada is much more restrictive now days than the US, so I'm not sure what personal requirements are necessary to fly in Canada since the new laws have come into effect. So you may have to check with your local ATC or governing body to get clearence.

This may help

Thanks.
Yes, Canada has a two tiered system of a licenses, a recreation and advanced certificate.
I am a commercial drone pilot and I have my advanced certificate.
Cheers
Dal

Hi
I have logged into the DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography site to request an unlocking code.
I choose a my P4P, Area in the World, and enter the address of location so an arrow shows on the map. Below the map, is the SELECT A ZONE TO UNLOCK field, and it says in red "Click on the pin to select an area to unlock" , however, nothing happens. I have confirmed I am logged in with my DJI account. I have entered my flight Controller number and the dates, but nothing seems to happen in the SELECT A ZONE TO UNLOCK field.

I am not sure what I doing incorrectly, or what my next step is.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a work around? I would like to figure this out.
Thanks
Dal
An Update!
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
Once I have logged into the DJI Self-unlocking site DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography, you are required to "Click on the pin to select an area to unlock", which means to click on the red pin identifying the uncontrolled airport and NOT the blue pin identifying the address I want to photograph.

A simple fix to a problem that cost me several jobs, and several weeks of grief trying to figure why it didn't work.
Thanks
Dal

Glad you figured it out. What a hassle. Personally, I'm not a fan of the self unlocking UI. I typically use it when I'm in the sun and trying to see those tiny dots to select is a huge pain. I would prefer huge boxes to select so we could actually do it in real world situations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj