Seems I've purchased an import (controller question)

Reaction score
Hi all, would like to start by saying hello and great forum .

I am totally new to the drone world and purchased my first dji phantom 3 standard on Wednesday night (used I may add).
Now I say used but it was all sealed brand new I just bought it of a guy who claims he won it in a work company raffle.

Things started to click into place when I opened out the box and seen the lipo charger had a non UK plug but I thought ok maybe that's normal so off I set charging the battery on the lipo and controller. I thought while on charge I will read through the instructions, no these are in Chinese or Japanese again I though ok maybe this is normal, it's made there maybe it's all online like most things now.

Anyway I was packing it all away last night for taking it out on its first proper flight today when for the life of me I couldn't get the controller back in the box. I decided to watch an unboxing video on YouTube only to notice my controller had a different Ariel from others. Looking into this I found that only in Japan do they have this longer type Ariel on the controller.
Again I tried to find out why now this is where I need the help. (Long story I know)
On the dji site it gives this info. 5.725 - 5.825 GHz, 922.7 - 927.7 MHz (Japan) Under OPERATING FREQUENCY.

Can somebody explain this as I'm not techy in any way, will this cause any kind of problem for me flying this in the UK?

If you've bought a 900mhz Japanese phantom then I believe it's not legal in the UK as this is used by your 4G mobile network. What does it say on the sticker on the side of the box?

If you've bought a 900mhz Japanese phantom then I believe it's not legal in the UK as this is used by your 4G mobile network. What does it say on the sticker on the side of the box?
Oh jeez I'm worried now, I'm not home at the moment but I will check when I get back home.
What are we talking about happening here from a legal point of view?

What am I looking for in the stickers?
I can see on one sticker it says, dji phantom standard (jp).

post some pics of what you have..

I don't think it will make any difference, when I received my phantom from amazon it came without a uk style plug on charger too, I just put a adapter on it and its cool..

Reactions: mdowney58
Yep - the "jp" says it's a japan market model.

I can only assume the authorities probably won't look too kindly on illegal frequency use as you could be interfering with mobile phone communications.

Could the magic power mod be used here to sort this?

Yep - the "jp" says it's a japan market model.

I can only assume the authorities probably won't look too kindly on illegal frequency use as you could be interfering with mobile phone communications.
Ah jeez well I was right.
I'll say one thing, there is somebody else in my area with a 900 MHz then because my phone signal is terrible here lol.

The mod is only to convert CE power to FCC power levels. The craft's operating frequency is part of it's overall hardware design.
So what would you advise?
I'm kinda stuck with it now and it wasn't cheap. This is not something I would have even thought about.
I only looked into it because I thought I was maybe onto a winner and had an upgraded antenna on my controller.

Not sure TBH, first thing is to confirm you actually have a 900mhz version. I've never come across one before. What's the model number printed on the back of the controller itself.

Sorry - can only find one reference to this controller and can't really tell whether it's 2.4ghz or 900mhz.

I can only suggest you contact DJI to confirm what exactly you have.

Maybe someone else on this forum can assist.

Reactions: 2bobrocket75
IMG_2197.JPG
could you upload a picture of you RC?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl