Seeing a lot of problems on P4Ps..

Reaction score
I see a lot of P4P problems on here. I don't know if I should actually end up getting the P4P+ now.. is there a chance I will have these problems? Like a big chance I mean. I know the p4p is a awesome drone, just what are the chances of getting a bad one? Thanks.

who's to say if you go another route drone wise you won't get a lemon from that batch also? ...if you know what you want for what you plan on using it for don't hesitate, buy it and get started, if you are afraid from what your reading consider this: how much of what your reading about is pilot error???? not doing checks? ,settings done correctly...list is endless of " possible causes"

Reactions: biker4life60
I get the wind warning too after a few min it goes away.
so far mine has been running great.
it is a roll of the dice.
maby you will get a good one and maby you will get a bad one.
try it and see.
good luck

The more complicated the device (meaning the more new features) the more confusion there will be, and thus the negatives get highlighted. I think it's safe to say that the majority of P4P owners are very happy with the product, and many have said so.

If you think you have seen a lot of issues (both real and imagined) with the P4P, just wait until the P5 ;) It's just the nature of things with product support/discussion forums.

The more complicated the device (meaning the more new features) the more confusion there will be, and thus the negatives get highlighted. I think it's safe to say that the majority of P4P owners are very happy with the product, and many have said so.

If you think you have seen a lot of issues (both real and imagined) with the P4P, just wait until the P5 ;) It's just the nature of things with product support/discussion forums.
Good point. If I'm not wrong, doesn't the mavic have it's fair share of issues? I was trying to decide between the two, but in the end the p4p won.

Good point. If I'm not wrong, doesn't the mavic have it's fair share of issues?
Yes it does, again with some concerns more real than others. I think you will find this to be true for all complex electronic devices built to a price point and DJI is certainly no exception, being perhaps one of the more complicated consumer electromechanical products available today. Perfection is just not a realistic expectation and some bugs are certain in these kinds of products, but by and large both the Mavic and P4P do what they are supposed to do. Amazing really considering the capabilities and price point.

I purchased my P4P+ back in late Dec 2016 and have had zero issues except one app crash during some settings changing but never during any flights.
Steady as a rock, great GPS lock and flight controls. Still tweaking the settings for best pic quality in different settings but other than my learning curve for DJI products I'm a happy camper! I've not tried max distance tests yet but later on will and post back.
I'd say for the level of features and the complex electronics to control this bird it's a winner as long as you don't get a defective unit. But that could happen with any new 1st gen device from UAV to cellphone.

I purchased my P4P+ back in late Dec 2016 and have had zero issues except one app crash during some settings changing but never during any flights.
Steady as a rock, great GPS lock and flight controls. Still tweaking the settings for best pic quality in different settings but other than my learning curve for DJI products I'm a happy camper! I've not tried max distance tests yet but later on will and post back.
I'd say for the level of features and the complex electronics to control this bird it's a winner as long as you don't get a defective unit. But that could happen with any new 1st gen device from UAV to cellphone.
I know it's an amazing quad, and I was going to purchase the p4p+ version, until I saw several people say they literally can't record in 4K 60 FPS with it. Should I just get the regular p4p? Thanks.

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
I know it's an amazing quad, and I was going to purchase the p4p+ version, until I saw several people say they literally can't record in 4K 60 FPS with it. Should I just get the regular p4p? Thanks.

That question I can't answer. I've not tried recording in 4K/60FPS so I can't be of any help there. I'm sure there are lots of people with both the P4P and the + that could help you out.
I just like the fact that I don't have to have a separate tablet or phone to mess with and no cables.
I like the brightness of the + screen also.
Later on when DJI comes out with the Crystal Sky monitor to attach to the regular P4Pro that would be great as it's larger and brighter but big $$$.
I've read that some people that have purchased the + model then later buy the regular controller also.
Either way I think you'll like it.
:)

That question I can't answer. I've not tried recording in 4K/60FPS so I can't be of any help there. I'm sure there are lots of people with both the P4P and the + that could help you out.
I just like the fact that I don't have to have a separate tablet or phone to mess with and no cables.
I like the brightness of the + screen also.
Later on when DJI comes out with the Crystal Sky monitor to attach to the regular P4Pro that would be great as it's larger and brighter but big $$$.
I've read that some people that have purchased the + model then later buy the regular controller also.
Either way I think you'll like it.
:)
So I could just get both? Cool

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik