See attached images. I have questions.

Reaction score
This is the first time shooting in RAW format with the P3. I did the recent firmware update and just went out to test the P3, RTH, and other settings. I noticed when I came back, the DNG files looked like they were darker on the upper right and left corners. Anyone else experience that?

Also, I came home and set the P3 on my balcony without the motors running. I shot 2 pictures with same exposure, iso, shutter settings... 1 in JPG and the other RAW. I noticed the RAW captured slightly wider with a little bend in the photo. In this picture you can also slightly see the RAW photo (even though converted back to JPG) has a little darker corners. I did not do any edits to the pictures other than convert the dng to jpg.

Anyway, just looking for some answers on this and if others have experienced the same.

The initial RAW picture should show up first.
Test-DNG.jpg
Test-JPG.jpg

Interesting how it seems to be at the top and not the bottom, vinaigrette for sure. I'm sorry did not see it in you post 4k right? Must be something they talked about in the firmware release. It's not horrible but to some it may well be. I see what you mean about wider the trees give it a good view for that. Are you happy?

Envision has made me laugh .. vinaigrette is something you find on a menu.
The word he's looking for is vignette - light falloff toward the corners of the image and this is a factor in wideangle lenses.
I haven't looked into it yet but maybe (?) this is one of the little things the lens profile for Lightroom & Photoshop corrects.
As for the raw file, it's like an uncooked cake and needs quite a bit of post processing to be a finished product.
The jpg is one version of the cooked cake. Some corrections/enhancements have been done and some compression.
If you are cooking the cake yourself, you can vary the technique and get different results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.