Section 333 exemption

All 333 exemptions are different. You will be required to follow exactly what has been approved in your 333 exemption. I've never seen a real estate related 333 exemption that stated the pilot was not allowed to fly within 500 feet of a structure.

I don't think part 107 is meant to supersede anything. Even with those new rules in place, those who cannot follow the laws will still have to get a 333 exemption. However, I think the FAA's goal is to write the new rules in such a way that most common situations will be covered.

Ok that makes sense. Well I guess that sounds like a good thing! I have been flying RC for years and i don't see how flying a plane is near the same. Rules of the air can be learned in a book but flying a drone has to be learned hands on. Just as flying a plane would require the same.

Any word on when they will address the 107? I think I read March but I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any word on when they will address the 107?
No official word yet. There was some talk about this spring, but it seems their deadline just keeps moving back.

Reactions: Squirrel!
If you don't have a pilot's license, don't bother considering flying commercially. You need that for the exemption.

You need that for the exemption.
To clarify, a pilot license is only needed to use the exemption. The petitioner does not need a pilot license.

To clarify, a pilot license is only needed to use the exemption. The petitioner does not need a pilot license.
But don't you have to provide your staff pilots license? (Pilot on staff?)

I have one. It's easy to get an exemption. But, it won't be usable without a pilot license. If you don't have a pilot license, then it probably won't be worth the cost to get one since it sounds like you're not looking to do this work full-time.

I have a pilots license, but can't find a form for the exemption? Can you tell me where to find one?

How they are getting around this in my area is you tell the client that you will fly/record for free but you charge whatever $$$ to edit the video.I register with the FAA just like I register all of my guns and my dog..........I DON'T.Government can suck my left ### and kiss my ###!What I have heard is next year drone sales will be a 90 billion dollar business and our corrupt government just wants as much $$$ of that as they can get their lying,grubby hands on.

Last edited:
I have a pilots license, but can't find a form for the exemption? Can you tell me where to find one?
There is no form...Amazing, huh?

Reactions: Mudcat
How they are getting around this in my area is you tell the client that you will fly/record for free but you charge whatever $$$ to edit the video.
Unfortunately, there are no workarounds. Folks in your area should call the FAA and discuss if they are unsure of how to operate legally.

However the idea here is that they will change the laws where you will only need the 333.
I think the idea is that the new rules will make it so that most people do not need to get a 333 exemption.

How they are getting around this in my area is you tell the client that you will fly/record for free but you charge whatever $$$ to edit the video.I register with the FAA just like I register all of my guns and my dog..........I DON'T.Government can suck my left ### and kiss my ###!What I have heard is next year drone sales will be a 90 billion dollar business and our corrupt government just wants as much $$$ of that as they can get their lying,grubby hands on.

Correction: That's how they think they are getting around it in your area - but that won't hold water. They aren't that stupid - to be clear, even if you gave them the footage/shots for free and didn't charge them anything for editing or any other services, you would still be in violation since the flight was used for commercial purposes. Consider a real estate firm shooting their own stuff - they aren't charging anyone anything but they are forbidden from that without an exemption and licensed PIC since it is a commercial application. The government can also suck $10K out of your wallet, and legitimate pilots will be happy to report you the minute you post anything or win a job away from them. Do you drive your car without a license and license plates?

The US government (FAA) corporate interests FTW.

Sorry, I did know that part, I'm just not getting the meaning of "The US government (FAA) corporate interests for the win."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl