Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Second flight while running video

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by newdayoutdoors, Jan 20, 2015.

1. newdayoutdoors

I'm new to the DJI world. I've been flying hobby quads for some time and I own multiple GoPro Hero 3+ cameras, so it only made sense to jump in with both feet and bring the two together. After flying my Phantom 2 V2.0 for a few days with no gimbal and camera I decided to hook up the GoPro and fly. First video taught me A LOT. So below is the second video that I have shot from the air with a few tweaks to the setup. I have ND filters on the way to me so I am looking forward to seeing how those improve my future footage.

The setup for this video was: DJI Phantom 2 V2.0, H3-3D gimbal, GoPro Hero 3+ Black, 1080p60 (set at medium field of view), Protune in auto WB. I then tweaked the color profile to suit my taste in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. I set the ceiling at 200' above the ground max for flight. I flew at my house and property that I own. The majority of the property in the footage, I own.

I am going to be adding a FPV system very soon.

I have a lot of work to go from here, but I was pretty happy for my second attempt every at video work. Be sure to view in HD. I am always looking for tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRKClm- ... -tLYGQf3Nw

2. motobob

Nice flight and video! Bob