Second camera for editing

Reaction score
Hello! So I'm looking to get a second camera in addition to the P3 Advanced camera to do some other shooting on the ground.

I noticed when I used another camera (video from an slr camera) that I wasn't able to edit the video footage from that camera and the p3 camera together. I think it was due to frames per second or something.

So my question is, what camera, go pro or other would I be able to use that I could edit seemelessly with P3 camera?

Hope I explained that well enough. Thanks for your help

Drew

A bit pricey, but the DJI OSMO is a good match and has 3 axis stabilisation....built in mic is fairly useless, but you can plug an external mic in.
A possible downside is that it's fixed focus and aperture, as is the Phantom camera

You just need to have a camera that will be a close match to the frames per second or fps that you are using and the same aspect ratio. They don't need to be identical for many editors but it makes for smoother transitions. It sounds like you just need a better editor. I use 3 to 6 cameras depending on the shoot so I can get all of the angles needed and all run around 30fps.

Any modern point and shoot can do 1080p and are really cheap and ideal for b camera stuff.

I like the canon s120 but old ixus 230 works well and you can pick them up on ebay for beans.

Gopro is very wide angle and fixed focus so not as flexible and more money.

I've been researching as well for a second camera to use on shoots, I've been contemplating the Go Pro Hero Session 4 due to its price point and portability but it only goes to 1440 @ 30 fps. I'm leaning towards an SJCAM SJ5000+ Elite as it does 4K @ 24fps (up sampled from 2K though) and appears to have great reviews in regards to quality vs. price point.

You just need to have a camera that will be a close match to the frames per second or fps that you are using and the same aspect ratio. They don't need to be identical for many editors but it makes for smoother transitions. It sounds like you just need a better editor. I use 3 to 6 cameras depending on the shoot so I can get all of the angles needed and all run around 30fps.

Ok. I think the editing software is good enough. Doesn't the P3 shoot 60fps? I'd be fine with spending $200-300 for something. I never thought about fixed focus.

Ok. I think the editing software is good enough. Doesn't the P3 shoot 60fps? I'd be fine with spending $200-300 for something. I never thought about fixed focus.
Yea, I run the P3 at 60fps and the others at 30 and it all edits just fine. I buy cheap camcorders off of ebay when I need them. The last one was used by a couple for their wedding and then I bought it used for $150.00. Plenty of used camcorders and tripods on ebay.

Hmm that sjcam looks pretty cool. And I wouldn't be too upset if I lost it at that price point. But I wonder if it's junk

Adobe premiere can handle this no problem. Create the sequence with the video of higher quality and when you put the other clip on the timeline it will take it no problem

Sounds like more of a problem associated with the editing program you're using. Some editing programs will not accept, for example, .mov files. So you need to know what type of file the camera saves the videos as and then check to make sure your editing program accepts those files. I recommend you check this out before you buy a new camera. I use Corel and sadly it will give me an error message when I try to import .mov files from my point-and-shoot camera. Others here may know why, but not matter, it's a bummer that all video editing programs don't accept all files types these days...

I have the Panasonic v250 its a great camera, full HD and really easy. There around £100-£200

Hmm that sjcam looks pretty cool. And I wouldn't be too upset if I lost it at that price point. But I wonder if it's junk

They seem to have decent popularity and are considered direct competitors to a GoPro. I have one on the way, will have more feedback once I get it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl