Seahorse Case for Phantom 3

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00153U9NE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered this case for my Phantom 3 Pro. Received it today and got it configured. All and all I'm happy with the fit and price.

I followed these instructions mostly
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My Pics
2.png

The foam plucks out in smallish squares so you can layout and configure to your needs. I created a small spot on top for the extra battery that will be coming in a few weeks. For fit I removed the lower layer of foam and added some back under the remote. I'm considering trimming the top foam with a cutout the shape of the copter so that it isn't such a tight close. I want it snug but would prefer to put minimal amounts of stress on the phantom.

Reactions: Bigdz
Have the same case for my p2v+ but in international orange

Pick and pluck falls apart in no time. It's not durable to say the least. I've had a lot of problems with it in the past, then saw a tip on a photography forum that said to spay the top surface with Plasti Dip aerosol rubber coating once you have the foam configured how you want it - and it works awesome. I would highly recommend it.

Reactions: robiefield
Pick and pluck falls apart in no time. It's not durable to say the least. I've had a lot of problems with it in the past, then saw a tip on a photography forum that said to spay the top surface with Plasti Dip aerosol rubber coating once you have the foam configured how you want it - and it works awesome. I would highly recommend it.

Ordered some thanks for the tip!

I just found out personally why on Amazon the "title" of the case has "Carry On" in it (not just because most airlines it fits as carry on, except US Airways /American Airlines). It barely withhekd to the multi-pressure levels of being checked under the plane. It has a "pressure release" hole under the right latch but I just landed from flying from TX to Cali and I almost cried when I saw the case come down the conveyer belt in baggage claim. The center was sucked in dead center on top almost 4 or 5 inches and appeared to have crushed my P3P, but after swallowing the tears and opening it up the P3P survived. Need to do an IMU calibration but did a 3 minute test flight to ensure everything else was in working condition (gimbal, motors, etc).

I have a Pelican case for my Parrot Bebop (first drone), and will be ordering a different case with a PEV for airplane traveling just in case I can't carry it on (the other recommended P3P cases weren't going to get to me in time for traveling so after reading reviews I thought the Seahorse would be okay being checked. Too close for my comfort! If not flying anywhere I definitely recommend.)

All you have to do is put a small breather hole in a latch. Do you need it to be water tight? Use it as a flotation device? you just want to allow it to balance the internal pressure.. Guess what, your shampoo bottle did the same thing

:) I wasn't saying that the case is defective as they never sold or advertised that it was capable of being checked on airlines rather than carry-on, but thought I'd share my experience flying with it as I couldn't find any reviews about actually checking it on an airline. :) My shampoo bottle isn't holding $1500 worth of equipment.

For those who don't want to keep it water tight, your suggestion is a good one (put a hole in one of the latches so as to handle the pressure). I personally bought it to keep it water right for when flying off the boat on the lake/river. I'm keeping the case for using while driving places and if I fly an airline where it will fit their carry on restrictions.

I purchased this same case and it is working well! Here is the way I laid mine out.

Attachments

• 1436391085184.jpg
    1436391085184.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 511
  • 1436391119298.jpg
    1436391119298.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 485
Neat discussion. I think I'd prefer to keep the propellers on. Any issue with that? I do have a GoPro case for my Phantom 2 Vision. I can leave the props on, but have to be careful when I close the case. I've had a time or two where the props came out a bit bent. No harm done, but they took a while to flatten out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers